Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

yes

Why is my app updating frequently?

Explorer | Level 4

App is updating so frequently, maybe four or five times a week, it seems suspicous to me... strange at least

Tags (1)
3 Replies

Re: too many updates

Super User II

If you have early releases enabled in your account settings, it's not strange at all. You can find out about all the latest releases in the Desktop Client Builds area:

Explorer | Level 4

@Rich wrote:

If you have early releases enabled in your account settings, it's not strange at all. You can find out about all the latest releases in the Desktop Client Builds area:

oh!!!! thanks a looooottttt that was all!!!!!!!!!!!

New member | Level 2

I get notifications every day, sometimes 6 or more, that Dropbox needs to update the desktop app.  This is extremely annoying.  I see nothing in my account settings about allowing early releases, which was mention as a "solution".  If these notifications are indeed the result of tweeks to the software, why can't these be done in an organized manner, say one batch every week or so?

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Why is my app updating frequently?
3 Replies
1 Like
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post