Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

Why was I notified that my app is outdated when I have the latest mobile app version?

New member | Level 2

I'm receiving messages that I should update my app:

"We’re writing to let you know that the version of the Dropbox mobile app running on one or more of your devices is outdated. These versions are more than 2 years old and Dropbox will officially end support for them on 5/7/19. After this date, the mobile app will stop working properly."

I have version 138.2.6 on my iPhone, so I dont really understand what to do. Is this a scam or real allert?

Tags (1)
3 Replies

Re: Mobile app outdated even I have the latest version

Dropboxer
Hey there @Mpouta,

So from what you mentioned, it sounds like a notification from us! If you do want to double check though, you can check out our verified domains here and compare it with the one you received the notification from.

I would suggest checking the devices connected to your Dropbox account from your Security page here, as you may still have an older device connected to your account. If you no longer use this device then you can unlink it from your account by clicking the X next to the device.

Let me know if this helps - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

New member | Level 2

Thank you Daphne! There really was an antique iPhone still connected and that was giving allerts. Problem solved slightly smiling face

Dropboxer
I’m glad to hear that @Mpoutasmiling face with open mouth and tightly-closed eyes

Hope you have a wonderful day ahead!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Why was I notified that my app is outdated when I have the latest mobile app version?
3 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post