cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Why won't Dropbox.com load?

Why won't Dropbox.com load?

DavidHeim
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I can't get the Dropbox homepage to load, so that I can share files and folders. I reinstalled javascript and I reinstalled Dropbox. No luck. And i can't even contact Tech support--that screen is always blank.

I'm running Mac OS X 10.11. What do I have to do to get Dropbox to behave? Some real-time support would be most welcome.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Tried a different browser?
Incognito mode?

Real time support is available to Business customers - www.dropbox.com/business

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Tried a different browser?
Incognito mode?

Real time support is available to Business customers - www.dropbox.com/business

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

DavidHeim
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Not helpful, Mark. Dropbox used to work just fine with Firefox. I see no reason to change browsers. Let me repeat: What do I have to do to get Dropbox to load? I've also tried unlinking and relinking, as described on the help page. No luck. Still no loading.

Again, some real-time help would be most welcome.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

@DavidHeim wrote:

Not helpful, Mark. Dropbox used to work just fine with Firefox. I see no reason to change browsers.

It is helpful but if you wont let us help thats your problem. Firefox could be corrupt.

@DavidHeim wrote:

What do I have to do to get Dropbox to load? I've also tried unlinking and relinking, as described on the help page.

Accept the help offered when given it. 

Unlinking and relinking will do nothing - because thats software on your machine. It isnt the WEB BROWSER you use using (i.e. firefox).

@DavidHeim wrote:

Again, some real-time help would be most welcome.

Now, as I said if you want real time help then I suggest paying for it, but, as you've been so dismissive of my help I'm going to bow out of here and hope somebody else comes along - baring in mind we are not employees, we are volunteers trying to help. Volunteers who quite often know how to help resolve things.

DavidHeim
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

My apologies for sounding ungrateful. It never occurred to me that Firefox might be the culprit, since it works perfectly on every other site I ever visit. However, refreshing Firefox seems to have made the problem disappear.

Thanks.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

For future reference...

First step when there's a problem with a website (any website) is try a different browser. This is a test to determine if it's a site problem or a browser problem. If the issue only happens in one browser, then the next step is to clear the cache/browsing history within that browser.

Assuming there's isn't a problem with the site's server, those two steps will usually solve 95% of the problems you're having with a website.

The old "When in doubt, reboot." adage for computers holds true for browsers as well. When in doubt, clear the cache.

Djhoogdorp
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey Djhoogdorp

Welcome on the Dropbox Community, can you tell us more about the issue you're experiencing, so that we go through a couple of troubleshooting steps together?

Thanks in advance! 

Warm regards, 
JaneA

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Need more support?