Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us!

no

Highlighted

Work and personal accounts listed under different plans

Explorer | Level 3

My personal and work accounts have been linked. It appears my "work" account is the primary? The plan on this account is "Plus" so I am able to do smart sync with those files. The personal account is still listed under "Basic." When I click upgrade while on personal page it swiches to showing my work picture in the top upper right icon, and shows "Plus" as my current plan.

I think the fact I am unable listed as "Basic" on my personal account is why I cannot use smart sync. I have tried unlinking and relinking. I have closing the app and restarting. Thank you in advance for your help!

Tags (2)
4 Replies

Re: Work and personal accounts listed under different plans

Dropboxer
Hi there @Hannah P.3

Initially, I wanted to mention that to connect two accounts, one has to be on a Business subscription, and the other one can be a Basic/Plus/Professional account.

For this reason, could you please clarify what you mean when you mention that:

@Hannah P.3 wrote:

My personal and work accounts have been linked.

Additionally, if you’re trying to upgrade your account through the Dropbox website, could you ensure that you’ve signed out of both accounts and then try upgrading again after signing in with the relevant account?

Let me know how it goes!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Explorer | Level 3

@Lusil

I'm sorry when I said the two accounts were linked the proper term should have been "connected." Under my personal account settings general tab there is a section "connected accounts," stating that my personal and work dropbox accounts are connected.

When I click the plan tab under personal account it says Dropbox Basic with blue box to upgrade. When I click this it then takes me to the different options it automatically switches to my "work" account plan tab where it is already listed as being "Dropbox Plus."

I would like my personal account to be the dropbox plus membership or both of them is what I would really prefer. Thanks!

Explorer | Level 3

Also @Lusil, when I sign out of both and open my personal to upgrade online I am given this screen...Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 3.12.13 PM.png

I am made to sign back into my other account.

Super User II

@Hannah P.3 wrote:

Under my personal account settings general tab there is a section "connected accounts," stating that my personal and work dropbox accounts are connected.

... it automatically switches to my "work" account plan tab where it is already listed as being "Dropbox Plus."

This is where our confusion is coming from. A work account would be an account on a Dropbox Business subscription. A work account cannot be on a Plus plan. Plus accounts, like Basic and Professional, are considered personal accounts.

I think your best course of action would be to contact Support directly where you can provide them with the details about your accounts that you can't provide here on a public forum. They should be able to get you sorted.

Open your ticket here: https://www.dropbox.com/support
Track your ticket here: https://dropbox.zendesk.com

Replies take approximately 1 - 3 business days with Plus, Professional and Business users getting priority (longer for Basic users).

I'd also suggest making sure you're logged in with your work account when you open the ticket. If it is in fact a Business account, you'll receive priority support.

when I sign out of both and open my personal to upgrade online I am given this screen ... I am made to sign back into my other account.

Try with a private/incognito browser session, or use a browser you don't normally use. This will make sure your accounts aren't cached/remembered.

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Work and personal accounts listed under different plans
4 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post