Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us!

no

app indicator in Enlightenment desktop only semi-functional

New member | Level 2

When i run dropbox (on Ubuntu 19.04), and the Enlightenment desktop environment, the systray icon doesn't "finish" appearing. Dropbox itself appears to be running just fine, but the icon only gives limited functionality. Instead of the usual icon, it's a warning icon (white triangle with an exclamation mark), and the only options when clicking on it are preferences, help, and quit dropbox (as well as a greyed-out "connecting..." header). If i use Gnome instead of Enlightenment, the regular icon shows up, and the full menu appears when clicking on it. If i quit dropbox and start it from the command line with "dropbox start" i do get a warning: libappindicator-WARNING **: 12:30:00.275: Unable to connect to the Notification Watcher: GDBus.Error:org.kde.StatusNotifierWatcher.Item.AlreadyRegistered: Any ideas on how to get a fully functioning systray menu? Thanks!

Tags (1)
1 Reply

Re: app indicator in Enlightenment desktop only semi-functional

Dropboxer

Hi there @iestynapmwg, welcome to the Community!

In order to ensure you have a fully functioning systray menu, have a look to confirm your device fulfills all of the system requirements in order to run the Dropbox desktop app. 

GNOME Classic and GNOME shell are both supported desktop environments (the latter of which may need the TopIcons extension in order to get the tray icon) and so it is expected that the app and icons will function smoothly when you are using this method.

You can also review the available commands for running the app "headless", here.

Let me know if this helps!

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

app indicator in Enlightenment desktop only semi-functional
1 Reply
0 Likes
Dropbox Design Research
Looking for Dropbox Paper users

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post