Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

disappearing files after sync

New member | Level 2

I added new files after not using my dropbox for quite a while.  It was connected to an old email address.  I corrected the email address with no problem.  It said the address was already associated with the account.  Then I put some new files on dropbox.  I then synced it with my phone.  The files disappeared from my phone dropbox, but still were on my laptop.  Then my laptop crashed, got a new one but the last backup was before I added my new files.  And now they are just gone from all of my devices.  I was under the impression they are on the cloud but I can't find them.  

1 Reply

Re: disappearing files after sync

Dropboxer
Hi there @craigertz

From what you mention initially, it’s to my understanding that you tried to change the email address that’s associated with your account. However, you then mention that:

@craigertz wrote:

It said the address was already associated with the account.

This means that you entered an email address that’s already connected to an existing Dropbox account and can’t reuse it. 

Having said that, could you please check if by any chance you created a new account? You can have a look at this from the following:
Could you also send me a screenshot (without personal info) of what the Dropbox icon (that’s next to your computer’s clock) shows when you click on it and what folder/file icons are in your Dropbox folder?

Thanks in advance!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

disappearing files after sync
1 Reply
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post