cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: dropbox causing MAC desktop to freeze or slow down-I Mohave 10.14.3

Dropbox causing Mac desktop to freeze or slow down

LisaM1
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Does anyone else get major slow down or freezing with rainbow wheels when dropbox is installed on Mac desktop using Mohave 10.14.3?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Sorry to hear that, @LisaM1 , I’ve removed the previous post as the solution.

You can find more info about the support options and expected response times for your plan here. If you’re not sure which plan you’re currently under, you can find out by going to your Plan tab

In any case, I understand how important this if for you, so I was able to locate your open request from my end and can see that a colleague has already replied to you via email. Please check your inbox for their latest message and don’t hesitate to get back to them with any further questions you may have regarding this. 

In the meantime, if there is anything else I can help with, please let me know. Thanks in advance!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Nothing here....

Which version of Dropbox you on? 

Is it a standard install with no symlinks/junctions etc. and on your main internal hard drive?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Sorry to hear that, @LisaM1

Additional to what @Mark suggests, if you’re experiencing a slow-down on your computer and you’re seeing high CPU/RAM usage, check out this article for some suggestions on how to tackle it. 

If you’re still experiencing some trouble, don’t hesitate to get back to us. Let us know of any updates! 

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

LisaM1
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Yes it is a standard install as far as I know...

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for getting back to us, @LisaM1

If you’ve checked for what @Mark mentions and had a look through the article that I linked above, we’d have to move this discussion to email due to account-specific info that’s needed to further investigate. 

For this reason, I was able to locate your ongoing discussion that’s with a member of my team and I can see that they replied to you. I’ve passed your comments along to them, so for any further inquiries regarding this, please don’t hesitate to get back to them via email. Rest assured, they’ll do their best to assist you. :slight_smile:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

LisaM1
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Lusil

Actually this has NOT been solved. I have replied to Harley and the Drop Box team a couple of times and have not heard back. I am very confused by the instructions they gave me and am not comfortabel doing without someone to walk me through it. I am hopong Dropbox can call me ( like other tech services do, Apple, sony, Samsung) to walk me through the issue

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Sorry to hear that, @LisaM1 , I’ve removed the previous post as the solution.

You can find more info about the support options and expected response times for your plan here. If you’re not sure which plan you’re currently under, you can find out by going to your Plan tab

In any case, I understand how important this if for you, so I was able to locate your open request from my end and can see that a colleague has already replied to you via email. Please check your inbox for their latest message and don’t hesitate to get back to them with any further questions you may have regarding this. 

In the meantime, if there is anything else I can help with, please let me know. Thanks in advance!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

romanianmab
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

i tried to sign onto my drop box account on Safari on my iMac and it is locked up and locked in.  everytime i open Safari, it has defaulted to the DropBox website and becomes totally unresponsive.  I have to force quit the app.  

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Initially, please note that, in general, you can change the page to which your browser defaults to when you open it from your browser’s settings. More specifically, you can find more info and relevant steps on how to change Safari’s homepage in this link.

Having said that, could you please provide me with more info on whether you’re able to access your account if you navigate through another browser or through an incognito/private browser? 

Let me know what you find!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

tw-smith
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have an imac 2015, running Mojove, without a problem.  Installed Dropbox and entire system would freeze within minutes of boot.  I started imac in safe mode.. no problem.  Removed Dropbox from login applications and have not turned it on.. and my mac no longer freezes.  

I am headed to the solution

Need more support?