cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dropbox install problems centos 7.6

dropbox install problems centos 7.6

just4bs
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Trying to install on a new centos build.  Tried using the .rpm files  but kept getting this:

python3 is needed by nautilus-dropbox-2019.01.31-1.fc21.x86_64
python3-gobject >= 3.14.0 is needed by nautilus-dropbox-2019.01.31-1.fc21.x86_64

Installed python3.6, still the same issue.

Tried uploading via the headless method.  Got this error (amongst a bunch of text):

ImportError: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.18' not found

I'm not a super pro at linux, but I am competent.  What is going on?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

MathUHenry
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

To summarize:

1) Format home directory as ext4 at CentOS 7 installation (to be compatible with DropBox)

2) Enable FlatHub: https://flatpak.org/setup/CentOS/

3) Download the FlatPak DropBox:  https://flathub.org/apps/details/com.dropbox.Client

View solution in original post

31 Replies 31

alexxx007
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

i have the same problem, i'm installed from source and the same problem

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Sorry to hear that, @just4bs and @alexxx007 .

If you’re computer is running a Linux OS, part of what’sessential to run the desktop app is Glibc 2.19 or higher. You can find this and more relevant info in this article.

As such, due to this being this is OS-specific, I’d recommend either contacting them directly or looking around the web for some additional suggestions. 

I know that this isn’t the ideal response you were looking for, but I do hope it helped to some extent.

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

just4bs
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Here is my two cents...

I uploaded and installed the latest centos 7 packages from scratch and it is running glibc 2.17xxxx.  I am also finding in many places that glibc is very dangerous to upgrade since the kernel relies on it so heavily.  Personally, that was disappointing to me because I had been using dropbox for years.  I decided that I wasn't going to fool with it and moved over to google drive.  Their app worked right away and provides the same services.  Sorry dropbox, you lost a customer and I think you may lose a few more because of this.

SyfiMalik
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

They are gonna lose another one.

csts_peter
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

@Lusil

I have the correct Glibc version as seen here:

`ldd --version`
`ldd (GNU libc) 2.19`

However, I also get the `ImportError: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.18' not found` when running the dropbox headless version.  (dropbox-lnx.x86_64-70.4.93)

From the errors I encountered, I have a strong suspicion that the compiled headless version provided by Dropbox, is still trying to use the 2.18 version of GLIBC.

Note that I had a previous version of dropbox working on the same machine, dropbox-lnx.x86_64-59.4.93, 

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for raising this, @csts_peter.

Hmm. :thinking: We could have a look at this in a bit more in-depth. As such, I’ve located your open communication and can see that it’s under review by a specialized member of the team. 

I’ve passed your comments along so they’ll get back to you via email as soon as they have more info on the matter. 

Let me know of any updates!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

juanreimon
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have the same issue, and have been lost hours trying to resolve.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey there @juanreimon

I’ve sent you a ticket to the email address associated with your Community profile so as to further investigate this. Please check your inbox for my latest message and we’ll take it from there. 

Thanks in advance!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

ats81
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have the same issue and would like to follow the latest progress through the ticketing system. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

powerhouse Helpful | Level 6
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?