Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

how to delete Drop application

New member | Level 2

Hello, Nice to meet you.

I just deleted the sync with dropbox from my desktop as it was taking too much space. But then I checked the status of my hard disk and it didn't change anything yet. Do you know why?

Now I'm trying to delete the drop application but it say it's not possible because there are plugin in use. What does it mean? How should I do?

Thank you so much!

1 Reply

Re: how to delete Drop application

Dropboxer

Hey there @GiuliaR - sorry to hear you're having issues with uninstalling our desktop application from your Mac device. 

In order to fix this issue, would you mind opening the 'Activity Monitor' utility on your computer, normally located under Applications > Utilities, to see if there are any other processes associated with Dropbox that may be preventing Dropbox from being removed from your device?

Once you have launched 'Activity Monitor', if you see any items that refer to Dropbox, or recognize any programs that you may have linked to Dropbox. Could you please perform the following steps?

• Click on the line that references the process to select it
  • Click on the 'X' at the top left corner of the screen. Be careful not to click on the 'X' that closes the window, but the one that will 'Force a process to quit'.

After you've done so, please try to follow the normal uninstall instructions found on this page: https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/desktop/uninstall-dropbox 

Kindly note that your Dropbox folder and its contents will remain intact (therefore taking up space on your computer's hard drive). If you'd like to remove the folder as well, you can drag your Dropbox folder to the Trash.

This will delete your local Dropbox folder. Any files in your local Dropbox folder that haven't synced won't be available on dropbox.com.

I hope this helps and please let me how this goes!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

how to delete Drop application
1 Reply
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post