cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: iOS Files App Favorites Folder Disappear

iOS Files App Favorites Folder Disappear

FrankieT
Helpful | Level 5

On both my iPad and my iPhone, when I mark a folder from Dropbox or any other cloud service as a “Favorite”, it shows up in my favorite list in the Files app, but if I switch apps or close the files app, when I reopen it, the folder disappears from the favorites list.  

130 Replies 130

cnek
Helpful | Level 6

You might try the following: unlink Dropbox from the Files App. Close the App. Reboot your device. Then open the Files App and relink/sync Dropbox to the files app and then try the previously mentioned steps. 

ar5010a
New member | Level 2
I am having the same issue and would love support!

Pieroman
Helpful | Level 6

This problem is still present with the newly released iPadOS. Unpairing and pairing dropbox and files app only works for a very little time. Please fix this issue, it makes things very difficult for users with a lot on their dropboxes.

Vidar V.
Explorer | Level 4
I’ve had the same issue since day one and on ios 13.1 it still remains. This is a bug that has never been fixed. Really irritating. Any fix soon?

Lusil
Dropbox Staff

Hi again everyone, thank you all for your ongoing reports on this and I'm sorry to hear about the frustration this has caused.

Please note that I've made sure to pass all your comments to the the team, they are aware and are looking into this matter. 

Thank you all in advance for your cooperation and patience!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Ol6
New member | Level 2

The same problem here.

I actually founds the solution. I'm moving my company to the Google Drive instead.

davemacdo
Helpful | Level 5

The total lack of urgency in resolving this problem is incredibly frustrating. This has been a problem since the Files app first launched two years ago, and nothing has been done to improve the situation. As iOS/iPadOS has become more capable, the Dropbox folder favoriting has not become worse, but it has become more annoying, since I can do so many other things on my iPad now. 

Furthermore, this is an issue that is bound to frustrate the heaviest (highest-paying) Dropbox users the most, as they are the ones who would benefit most from better organization of their Dropbox content.

If I only used Dropbox for sync, I would have left years ago. 

cnek
Helpful | Level 6

HEAR, HEAR.

AGREED 100%. Dropbox's silence on this issue and apparent lack of effort to fix are inexplicable and unacceptable.

Johngcolejr
Helpful | Level 5

It seems I stumbled across something that has worked for me.  When I drag the folder into the favorites, it disappears.  But when I hold down the folder until I get the menu option and select favorite, it sticks and stays there.  Even more frustrating, if you drag the folder to the favorites, it will disappear and it will be marked as a favorite when pressing and holding on the folder.  The only way to fix this is to drag the folder to favorites, then swipe left and remove it from favorites then press on the folder and mark it favorite.  So far so good for me.

billrey
Helpful | Level 6

I have the same issue. Favorites never worked with Dropbox folders since iOS 11, and we are now on iOS 13. I cannot fathom why this basic issue was not resolved over the past several YEARS. I find this unacceptable that Dropbox is so neglectful about such a basic thing. 

Need more support?