cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: iOS Files App Favorites Folder Disappear

iOS Files App Favorites Folder Disappear

FrankieT
Helpful | Level 5

On both my iPad and my iPhone, when I mark a folder from Dropbox or any other cloud service as a “Favorite”, it shows up in my favorite list in the Files app, but if I switch apps or close the files app, when I reopen it, the folder disappears from the favorites list.  

130 Replies 130

Pulsmic
New member | Level 2

I've been having the same issue. Non of the workarounds work for me. Ironically, favorites work flawlessly with Google Drive. Any word from the team when this issue will finally be resolvend?

tankado
New member | Level 2

I have the same problem. I saw that the first message in this thread was posted in January 2019.... I guess it is impossible to fix this bug...

MWB
Explorer | Level 4

This is happening for me too, and has been since I started using the Files app. Dropbox, please do something about this!

gregstamper
New member | Level 2

Experiencing the same issue. 

I also cannot "Unfavorite" Dropbox folders that I previously added to "Favorites". So the is appears that the Files app sees them as "Favorites" even though I am not able to access them via the shortcut menu. Not sure if this is an iOS issue or a Dropbox issue but it is frustrating for my daily workflow.

Renderer
Helpful | Level 5

I am also having the same issue. It seems that Dropbox integration and support for Favorites folders is not directly supported by Dropbox using iOS. I tried this using iOS 13.3 and latest dropbox, and either Dropbox has dropped that support or iOS refuses to recognize Dropbox favorites.

Other Favorite folders implementation from iOS-Files, Such as Google Drive and iCloud Drive are not affected by this issue.

cnek
Helpful | Level 6

I gave up and am now using a great substitute that works exactly as I need: Documents by Readle.

CaptSpalding
Helpful | Level 6

Any update on this? I got my IPad Pro to serve as a laptop substitute. The missing functionality undermines that goal, in addition to being really frustrating. 

Kirky29
New member | Level 2

Just adding my comment to let the Dropbox team know that I have same issue. Been like it for years. Ridiculous really. 

boomerek
New member | Level 2

Same here. For this very reason I don't use Files app but the dropbox app instead. 

Tjeerd Paul J.
Helpful | Level 6

You dont need any personal info to reproduce this issue.

Just read and repeat.

Open files app.

Open dropbox

Drag dropbox folder to the favorites list

Close Files App

Open Files app.

Favorite folder is gone.

If you dont take the trouble to reproduce a basic issue which is consistent then dont reply with useless comments and call yourself support.

The issue is still present and not fixed.

Need more support?