cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

no

Re: iOS Files App Favorites Folder Disappear

New member | Level 2

I've been having the same issue. Non of the workarounds work for me. Ironically, favorites work flawlessly with Google Drive. Any word from the team when this issue will finally be resolvend?

New member | Level 2

I have the same problem. I saw that the first message in this thread was posted in January 2019.... I guess it is impossible to fix this bug...

MWB New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

This is happening for me too, and has been since I started using the Files app. Dropbox, please do something about this!

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Experiencing the same issue. 

I also cannot "Unfavorite" Dropbox folders that I previously added to "Favorites". So the is appears that the Files app sees them as "Favorites" even though I am not able to access them via the shortcut menu. Not sure if this is an iOS issue or a Dropbox issue but it is frustrating for my daily workflow.

New member | Level 2

I am also having the same issue. It seems that Dropbox integration and support for Favorites folders is not directly supported by Dropbox using iOS. I tried this using iOS 13.3 and latest dropbox, and either Dropbox has dropped that support or iOS refuses to recognize Dropbox favorites.

Other Favorite folders implementation from iOS-Files, Such as Google Drive and iCloud Drive are not affected by this issue.

Explorer | Level 4

I gave up and am now using a great substitute that works exactly as I need: Documents by Readle.

Explorer | Level 4

Any update on this? I got my IPad Pro to serve as a laptop substitute. The missing functionality undermines that goal, in addition to being really frustrating. 

New member | Level 2

Just adding my comment to let the Dropbox team know that I have same issue. Been like it for years. Ridiculous really. 

New member | Level 2

Same here. For this very reason I don't use Files app but the dropbox app instead. 

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi there,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

iOS Files App Favorites Folder Disappear
48 Replies
20 Likes
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey