cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Discover new ways to use Dropbox or share your tips with other users like you. Get involved

yes

Highlighted

Re: iOS app opens to blank screen

Dropboxer
Hey @mario f.2, it's Jane this time; sorry to hear about any frustration caused. 

If it’s not too much to ask, could you try the following steps once to see if these do the trick this time?

1.  Uninstall the Dropbox App
  2.  Sign out from iTunes
  3.  Restart your device
  4.  Sign into the iTunes
  5.  Download and Install Dropbox
  6.  Try to sign into your Dropbox account
Please give me a nudge with the results when you get a chance to get going with that. Thanks! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Helpful | Level 6

Thanks this has worked.  I did try this once before and it reverted back to the blank screen, but this time, so far, it's working!  Thank you very much!

Dropboxer
Thanks for sharing the news @Andrew F.14; pleased to hear my tips were helpful! 🤓

Happy Dropboxing; wishing you a fruitful New Year ahead! 

Jane

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Helpful | Level 5

Hi Jane, sorry for the late reply. For me restarting the iPad was sufficient. I now wonder whether it's a problem with iOS since I noticed other apps were slow (hence I re-started it). But I will let you know if the problem occurs again. 

New member | Level 2

Hi

I am also an iphone 7 user with a big Dropbox white screen problem. I have re-installed App three times and it works once then goes to blank white on opening.

I have rebooted phone several times too, but nothing works as a fix,  so this is a serious frustration with what was a geat and well-used product.

Thanks mike

Sydney Australia

New member | Level 2

Hi

Should have added that I saw the fix noted above with iTunes but since there is no iTunes on the iOS any more i cannot understand how to implement this fix. Since i was never signed in to iTunes how can I sign out, which was shown as step 2?

Thanks mike

Dropboxer

Hey @M_Cazza! Sorry to hear this fix does not apply for you. 

Please create a ticket with our support and we will look into device related details to help you more with this. 

Thank you! 

Fiona

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Explorer | Level 4

Same issue here.  Happened a month or so ago (last time I deleted the app and reinstalled) ...and now AGAIN.  Both times I've only realised when out on business and needing to share critical documents. REALLY frustrating.

Am fast losing faith in what is already expensive storage with Dropbox - a NAS alternative has never looked more appealing.

Also, why is the solution not posted here so we don't have to wait for a ticket and response??  Arghhh.

iphone: 6S+

iOS: 13.3

Helpful | Level 5

it keeps happening to me too. I solve it by rebooting the iPad pro. But not an ideal solution. 

New member | Level 2

I have exactly the same issue. Only works once after a fresh reboot.  Then stops working and just a blank screen or the app crashes.

I'm assuming an os update caused an incompatablity.

I have completed the iTunes fix a few times now and even restored a backup to a previous version when it was working.  Once I get the os up-to-date again the issue is still there.

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi there,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

iOS app opens to blank screen
30 Replies
14 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey