Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

yes

iOs 13 Dropbox App - Can't save ANY files now

Helpful | Level 5

New iPhone with iOs 13 pre-installed Friday. Made heavy use of Dropbox App for file saving (screenshots of Work / Financial Files). Now when select location (which works fine) and drill down into target folder - even the the folder target name is correctly displayed "Post" button is greyed out. Tried this direct from screenshot to Photos folder too - same result (Post command greyed out). is this a known bug? Any fixes? Any ETA of fixes if not? This is a MAJOR issue for Dropbox iOs users and will kill the services usability for me on the Apple ECOSYS. 

Tags (1)
34 Replies

Re: iOs 13 Dropbox App - Can't save ANY files now

Dropboxer

Hi @Worfed - welcome to our Community!

I'm not really sure to what you're referring to; could you send me a screenshot of this so I can have a better look?

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Super User II

@Worfed wrote:

"Post" button is greyed out.

Are you sure you're selecting the correct option? The Post option usually comes up when you select the Share function. It's expecting you to "post" the message to someone. Until you fill out those details, the Post option is greyed out.

0b734a1a4ad56714ecb28e03bca6aad2.png

Instead you should be selecting the Save to Dropbox option. You'll be able to select a folder within Dropbox and then tap Save.

3a32e4af3d65d91c5dd9018d889e1843.png
372f830337c8ef5a13c93a831aaaeb66.png

Also, keep in mind that if you just select Download, the file will be downloaded directly to the location you have set in Safari's settings as the default location. At the moment, you cannot select Dropbox (or any other non-Apple cloud providers) as a default. This may be an iOS 13 issue.

Helpful | Level 5

** Cough ** Ok new interface and classic - helps to scroll down to check ALL options - foxed by new layout ^^ Thanks for the helpful and illustrative reply slightly smiling face in my Defence the old save to dropbox was initiated via a Dropbox icon on the top row - so added that and assumed it would operate in the same fashion! Anyways problem sorted and back to managing files the way I need to slightly smiling face

Explorer | Level 4
I’m having same problem but don’t understand the solution

Explorer | Level 4
I finally figured it out.

Helpful | Level 5

Thanks for the Reply - but problem now resolved. The new interface is a bit confusing adding the DB Icon is now treated as a "Share" function (previously operated as a "Save To" Function).

SS1 Reduced Size Share Button v2.jpg

There is a dedicated "Save To" Button now at the base of the Menu which I've edited and moved to top for ease of use. iOs 13 teething problems (for me anyways!).

SS2 Save To Box v1.jpg

Hope that Helps!

Explorer | Level 4
That doesn’t work either

Explorer | Level 4
It’s working for me now. Thank you

Dropboxer

Hey there peeps!

You mentioned that you're having an issue with this @jrwilentz007, can you let me know a little more info if this is still persistent? Are you not seeing the option to "Save to Dropbox", where are you trying to save from and what type of file are you trying to save for example.

Let me know and we'll go from there - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

iOs 13 Dropbox App - Can't save ANY files now
34 Replies
10 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Dropbox Design Research
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post