cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: iPhone Dropbox upload needs access to photos

iPhone Dropbox upload needs access to photos

JemmaY
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I’ve had the Dropbox app installed on my iPhone for 2 years. It uploads fine however now, a little box is appearing at the top of the photos saying I need to give access to Dropbox to access my camera uploads. When I click on the button to allow this, it takes me to the Dropbox in my iPhone settings and there is no option to allow access, help please!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

JemmaY
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Yes I did. I managed to solve it by going to the reset option and resetting the location and privacy data and then restarting. It now works fine.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Elixir
Super User
Go to solution

Hi @JemmaY, could it be that somehow the iPhone photos permission is turned off for Dropbox? The settings can be found under iPhone SettingsPrivacyPhotos. There you should see Dropbox app in the list, and it should have Read and Write permission. If you are taking photo directly from Dropbox app, you need to turn on the Camera access for Dropbox under iPhone SettingsPrivacy.

JemmaY
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Both of these options under privacy for photos and camera don’t show Dropbox or give me any option to add it

Elixir
Super User
Go to solution

Is it possible to reinstall the Dropbox app in your phone?

JemmaY
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
I’ve reinstalled it and still get the same problem 😞

Elixir
Super User
Go to solution

That is strange! Did you try restarting your phone?

JemmaY
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Yes I did. I managed to solve it by going to the reset option and resetting the location and privacy data and then restarting. It now works fine.
Need more support?