Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

iPhone app and storage “full”

Explorer | Level 3

We replaced an iPhone 6 with an iPhone 7.  The restore to the 7 loaded all the pics from the 6.  Now the Dropbox app wants to re-upload all those pics.  Another user on this forum told me that this is unavoidable- which I suspect is true.  My problem is that my Dropbox available space went to zero, and I still have 1500 pics to upload.  So, I used my computer to move the first set of pics completely off of Dropbox. But, the iPhone app still says that my storage is full. I tried killing the app and restarting it - didn’t help.  I tried clearing cache- didn’t help.  I tried “permanently deleting” the pics via the web - didn’t help.  

Not sure what else to do to convince the iPhone app that there actually is space available.?

Thanks 

3 Replies

Re: iPhone app and storage “full”

Dropboxer
Hey there @ronsfsd,

Could you please check the account you are signed into on the 2 devices? 

Let me know if the email addresses are the same or not. As the Mobile app is essentially a reflection of the web then once you removed the files from your account it should have reflected on your mobile. 

It might also be worth checking the sync status of your desktop app and whether it is running, and seeing if you still see the removed files on the web and check the space on the account from the web.

Looking forward to hearing from you - Cheers!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Explorer | Level 3

Thanks Daphne

You nailed it.  I didn't think to even look at the account my wife's phone is using.  Turns out she is using an account I completely forgot she has.

R

Dropboxer

I’m glad to hear that! 

Hope you have a great weekend ahead - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

iPhone app and storage “full”
3 Replies
1 Like
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post