cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: iPhone app not opening any file type

iPhone app not opening any file type

andystuart_
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
The Dropbox app on my iPhone X iOS 12.1.2 wont open any file type. All files sync fine from desktop and show up on the mobile app with a thumbnail image preview, but when tapped to open the loading graphic just keeps spinning. Could have coincided with iOS update.
34 Replies 34

andystuart_
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

The issue is back! Have tried logging out and reinstalling the app but still the same.

laleli005
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
I’m have same problem on my iPhone! When I use dropbox app and try to open ANY DOCUMENT OR PDF file the app continuously try’s loading the file and is NEVER able to open it. Need help please 😞

Kelston2
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
I have the Dropbox app on my iPhone 10, and most of the time I cannot open Dropbox files (of all types) through the app - I just get the spinning wheel forever.

I have been able to open some files here and there - and there is no pattern if I am on WiFi or offline. 90% of the time, the files don’t open either way ... but I do have one here and there that will open.

Both my IOS and the Dropbox app are up to date (no updates available). I have deleted and re-installed the Dropbox app twice.

Can anyone provide a solution to this?

gianmarizzi
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

It didn't fix it.

@Ovi A.1  ha scritto:
Iandtalbot,

Try uninstalling then reinstalling the app.

Ssommet
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
I am also having this issue. PDF and Excel files won’t open within the app and won’t open on other platforms like Excel for iPad or a PDF reader. Basically, I can’t access my files. Please help.

gianmarizzi
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I had support from Dropbox and told me to reset the network settings. It worked!

Go to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings.

After that you'll need to re-enter the wifi password.

Ssommet
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
I appreciate that. Resting network settings didn’t seem to work. File preview still stuck on trying to render and exporting gets stuck also. Thanks though.

Ssommet
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Same problem here

Ssommet
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
My file loading issue was resolved by updating iPhone and iPad to iOS 12.1.3. Didn’t know there was a new iOS update. Hope that works for others.

Kelston2
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks all for this thread! I had been checking for an update and none were available ... but I just looked again today and I see 12.1.3 is there. I will give this a shot. Hopefully it resolves the issue on my end as well.

Need more support?