cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installer could not connect to the internet

installer could not connect to the internet

damadakde
New member | Level 2

I received a notice to do an update to dropbox. It says the installer cannot connect to the internet but internet access is fine and working for everything except this update installer.

14 Replies 14

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Glad to hear that you were able to resolve your concern in the end, @rbb2

If you experience the same behavior again or you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to give us a nudge. Have a great day ahead!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

zoltan_juhos
New member | Level 2

With ESET Internet Security, disabling the SSL/TLS protocol filtering resolved the problem.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Hey @zoltan_juhos, thanks for posting what did the trick for you in this case. 

I just wanted to note that, in general, as outlined in this article, ESET Endpoint Security Solutions may conflict with Dropbox when SSL scanning is enabled and possible workarounds are to exclude the Dropbox certificate within the Ask about non-visited sites mode, as well as to exclude dropbox.exe from protocol filtering.

I just wanted to ensure though, @damadakde, were you able to resolve this by any chance with what is mentioned so far? 

Don’t hesitate to get back to us if you have any other comments or if you have any questions! :innocent:

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Segstro
Explorer | Level 3

I have this same issue on my work machine. Older version of Dropbox works fine. I don't have access to enable additional access on my machine, so it looks like Dropbox is out and Google Drive is in. 

joggs
New member | Level 2

Same here. No fw's or other things that should prevent an internet connection.

I think it could have something to do with that I have a virtual machine running (Hyper-V) which by design creates a virtual Ethernet adapter in windows that both the virtual machines and the windows host runs through and the dropbox client does not understand this.

I will not test this as it messes up my virtual machine environment, but maybe your coders can give it a try

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

joggs New member | Level 2
    Segstro Explorer | Level 3
    Lusil Dropbox Staff
    zoltan_juhos New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?