Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

yes

installing Dropbox on multi computers

New member | Level 2

Hello, community,

My question is simple, is it possible to download Dropbox and the files and two or more computers? I would like to have my files downloaded at my office as well as my home. With this somehow not sync properly with each other?

Thanks!

3 Replies

Re: installing Dropbox on multi computers

Super User II

That's the entire point of Dropbox; to keep files in-sync across all your devices. Basic users can link up to three devices to their account. Plus, Professional and Business users can link an unlimited number of devices.

New member | Level 2

Thank you, Rich,

I had done this with a Mac in the past and it would create a duplicate file of the same name but had no substance and couldn't be opened.

Rick

Highlighted

Collaborator | Level 9

Hey Rick, sometimes if the files are not completely done syncing on either end (computer at home or at work) you will see some place-holder files wile the syncing is in progress. You can check with the Dropbox client/icon to see what the syncing status is. But like Rich said, the beauty of Dropbox is you can keep the same files/folders synced across devices.

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

installing Dropbox on multi computers
3 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Dropbox Design Research
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey