Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us!

no

Re: ipad dropbox/adobe "open with" missing

New member | Level 2

Same here. Latest versions of both Dropbox and acrobat. iOS version 12.1

please advise, thank you

Dropboxer

Hello there @Luigi92, welcome to the Community!

Thanks for providing me that info, I've reached out to your email address so that we can look into this in a bit more depth. If you're interested, please just check you inbox when you have a moment and we'll go from there.

Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Explorer | Level 4
I'm having the same issue, the open with option is not there for Adobe. I use an iPad pro and iPhone and it worked was all working the other day and now there is no option to open with adobe for any of my .pdf files inside dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3

I have the same problem, latest versions of both Dropbox and acrobat.

Dropboxer

Hey peeps!

Could you just let me know @JohnGrz if you have the most up to date version of the Dropbox mobile app and the Adobe app on your device?

Also, could you let me know what OS versions your devices are running @JohnGrz and @jaime1982?

Let me know what you find - thanks!

Daphne

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Explorer | Level 4
I’m using the latest adobe and Dropbox software

I’m running iOS 13 on my apple devices.

New member | Level 2

Daphne,

Similar situation here - no option to open any of my pdf's with Adobe. Dropbox version 158.2.6 Adobe Acrobat Reader version 19.09.01 both running on an iPad Pro. If you have any workaround please let me know. 

Explorer | Level 3

@Daphne

Dropbox 158.2, Adobe 19.0.01, IOS 12.4.1

Dropboxer

Hi All - thanks for your reports!

I just wanted to give you an update on this and let you know that our engineers are aware of the problem and are actively working on a solution while we speak.

Thanks for your diligence and apologies for any inconvenience this might have caused.

We'll let you know more once we have more information to share. 

Thank you for your patience. 

Walter

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Highlighted

Adobe Acrobat integration broken on iOS

Explorer | Level 4
I’ve been using the Dropbox-Adobe Acrobat integration to edit and automatically sync PDFs forever, but suddenly I no longer have the option to open Dropbox PDFs in Adobe. Both apps are up to date on my phone (iOS 12.4.1). When I have a PDF open in Dropbox, normally I click the edit/pencil icon and two choices come up: one of them has always been a choice to open in Acrobat. Now only one choice appears: Add Text or Signature (which is done within the Dropbox app). Please tell me you didn’t drop this Adobe feature! Your site seems to list the integration as current and I followed your instructions to link (re-link) the accounts using the Adobe app but the steps don’t describe what I’m seeing. Maybe this is an Adobe issue... Please help! Thanks in advance.
Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

ipad dropbox/adobe "open with" missing
29 Replies
6 Likes
Dropbox Design Research
Looking for Dropbox Paper users

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey