Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us!

no

ipad dropbox/adobe "open with" missing

New member | Level 2

After updating my dropbox to version 158.2 on my ipad, the Open With option in a pdf now only had the option of "Add Text or Signature" and does not have the Open PDF in Adobe Reader anymore for annotations.  Please advise.  Thanks.

Tags (1)
29 Replies

Re: ipad dropbox/adobe "open with" missing

Dropboxer

Hey there @applepencil,

Could you just let me know if you also have the most up to date version of the Adobe Reader app installed on your device too?

Also, do you see this occur for all of your .pdf files or only certain ones? Can you still export the file to the Adobe Reader app?

Let me know what you find and we'll go from there - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

New member | Level 2

I deleted and reinstalled Adobe Reader (version 19.09.01 (20190910.09503smiling face with sunglasses.  This occurs to all the pdf files.  When I open a pdf in Dropbox, on the bottom right of the screen, when I click on the "I" icon next to the magnifying search icon, it only says Open With...Add Text of Signature.  Under Export, I can only copy to Acrobat but this is not synced with Dropbox.  Under More, I only have 2 Options: Sve to Files, Save to Dropbox.  

Thank you!

Dropboxer

Hey @applepencil, thanks for the additional info!

So that we can look into this a bit closer, I've reached out to the email associated with your Community profile. Please just check your inbox when you have a moment and we can continue from there.

Thanks!

Daphne

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

New member | Level 2

Hello!

I'm having exactly the same problem in my Ipad, have you found a solution for this isue?

Thanks!

Dropboxer

Hey there @jm18167,

Can you just let me know if you have the most up to date version of both the Dropbox app and the Adobe app on your device? Which versions do you have installed?

Also, are you able to export the files to the app for editing?

Finally, please let me know which OS version your device is running.

Let me know what you find - thanks!

Daphne

New member | Level 2

Dropbox: Version 18.2

Adobe: Version 19.09.01

In Dropbox, i can't see the "open in adobe" button anymore. Before that, I was able to see the button, but I was receiving an eror mesage in Adobe.

I hope this helps, thanks!

Dropboxer

Thanks for the info @jm18167!

From what you mentioned, the version of the app that you have seems to be very old indeed! Can you just try reinstalling the app on your device and let me know if you still get the same error afterwards?

Also, can you let me know what kind of error you were receiving in Adobe? Did you try exporting one of your .pdf files into the Adobe app?

Let me know how it goes - thanks!

Daphne

New member | Level 2

I'm very sorry, I don't know what I wrote before! My current version of Dropbox is: 158.2.

I update them almost daily because Dropbox and Adobe are a very importnat part of my workflow.

Thanks gain, and sorry for the mistake.

Dropboxer

I see, no problem @jm18167!

To have a closer look at this, I've now reached out to your email address associated with your profile. Please just check your inbox when you have a moment and we'll go from there.

Thanks!

Daphne

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

ipad dropbox/adobe "open with" missing
29 Replies
6 Likes
Dropbox Design Research
Looking for Dropbox Paper users

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post