Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

problem with excel xls in dropbox chromebook

New member | Level 2

Hello, I am self employed and only use my computer to make reports and invoices.  The computer always wants to update and is super slow all the time, so out of frustration, i bought a chromebook hoping to do business a little faster and easier.  Problem is that when i transferred my excel folders that contain xls sheets to Dropbox, and then open the xls sheets, to view or edit, the formatted cells get out of whack.  When viewing  merged cells with a large text entry, the sentence text just continues right off the right side of the sheet, out into space, until the end of the text, instead of wrapping around as i had it to begin with.  This makes the sheet look like a 3rd grader made it.  How can i transfer my folders and files with excel to dropbox and chromebook and have the sheets look like they did on my pc?  Thank you for your help

1 Reply

Re: problem with excel xls in dropbox chromebook

Dropboxer
Sorry to hear that, @bobspumping

Could you please provide me with some additional info on this so as to have a better understanding of your concern?

Howe were you previewing your Excel files before? Are you able to edit them online or locally, and if so, do the files continue to preview as you describe in your post? Are you also getting any errors? Have you tried replicating this in any other connected device (if any)?

Any screenshots (omitting personal info) illustrating the behavior you’re experiencing would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

problem with excel xls in dropbox chromebook
1 Reply
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post