cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Re: 'Open in finder' not available on Safari browser

"Open in Finder" and "Open in Word" not showing in Safari OSX for Mac

Scott H.
Collaborator | Level 9

Hey folks,

When viewing dropbox files from the Safari browser (Safari v 13.0) I can no longer see the "Show in Finder" or 'Open in Word" / "Open in Adobe Acrobat" options for files. 

I also have Chrome installed on my Mac (v77.0.3865.90) and I can confirm that these DO work on Chrome. See pics below.

These items used to show in Safari, however it seems that after updating to Safari v13.0 this has stopped working. 

Any ideas for resolution would be gratefully received as Safari is my default browser. 

Cheers,

Scott

Safari Browser.png

Chrome Browser 1.png

109 Replies 109

WildfireQueen
Helpful | Level 7

Yes I agree: my colleagues using Safari have the issue as well. But I've been emailing with Dropbox support and providing info, so hopefully it will be fixed soon!

gguerre
Explorer | Level 4

Just want to pipe up that I have this problem too. I would appreciate it if Dropbox staff make sure to post a response here once it's resolved. Thanks for keeping everyone updated Scott H.

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for joining us here @gguerre!

If you'd like to do some investigation into this with us, I've reached out to your email linked with your Community profile.

If you have the time (and would like to of course), please feel free to just check your inbox and reply back to me there.

Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

pmcmillan
Helpful | Level 5

theHas there been any updates on this? We are having the same problem as well. 

Lusil
Dropbox Staff

Hi @pmcmillan, thanks for nudging us and sorry to hear that you're also having trouble with this. 

I'd be more than happy to help look into this with you, so I've sent you a ticket to the email address connected to your Community profile. 

When you have the chance, please check your inbox for my message and we'll take it from there. Cheers!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

kmanlove
New member | Level 2

I'm having this same issue despite lots of troubleshooting as well.

Scott H.
Collaborator | Level 9

Hi @kmanlove ,

Sorry to hear that you are also having trouble. My issue still persists and has done for several months now. It is very frustrating that Dropbox don't seem able (willing?) to fix this as it is clearly an issue for many of us.

Let me kow if you find a fix.

Cheers.

pmcmillan
Helpful | Level 5

My issue persists as well. They have suggested that I use the Dropbox app but that doesn't help for me and my team - we often share URL links and they open in Safari, but we then can't look at the file in Finder or open in the native app. They update me every week or two to tell me they are still looking into it šŸ˜ž 

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

Hey peeps, thanks for all your updates here on this!

If you'd like to do some investigation into this @kmanlove, I've reached out to the email linked with your Community profile.

I'd be happy to look into this with you, so please just check your inbox when you have a moment and we can go from there.

Thanks!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Jamesr1
Helpful | Level 6

Hi - I'm having the exact same issue using Safari and not getting the Open In Finder button.  It would also be great to have a button in dropbox.com that says Open in Dropbox App (either file or folder).  We use links to fast track easy access to files on our Dropbox Team, which now takes ages as the links are pretty much redundant if the file can't be opened locally and has to be searched...

Need more support?