Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

no

Highlighted

"Your computer is not supported" message on Win7

New member | Level 2

I have tried to open Dropbox (no problems in the past) but now am asked to sign in to which I get something saying my computer is not supported and go to /help/9227.  I have checked on updates on my computer, rerun Dropbox, run the compatability  and tried just about everything humanly possible, including a couple of breakdowns.  Help.  P.S. I am not computer savvy so bear in mind when replying.

1 Reply

Re: "Your computer is not supported" message on Win7

Dropboxer
Hey @GemPen, thanks for checking in on the Dropbox Community regarding this matter! 

If it’s not too much trouble for you, could you attach a screenshot of your system properties in your next post (omitting personal info) for me, so as to further advise on next steps? Please have a look at the steps outlined below on how to obtain this info:

1. Select the Start button, type Computer in the search box, right-click on Computer, and then select Properties.
  2. Under Windows edition, you'll see the version and edition of Windows that your device is running.
Thanks in advance for taking the time to work on that with me & I look forward to hearing back from you here! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

"Your computer is not supported" message on Win7
1 Reply
0 Likes
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post