Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

recovery of old DB, have new one now.

New member | Level 2

I got a DB account a few years ago but don't remember email address or PW of that account. Would like to link that one to my new account I just started today.

Can I put in a name to access my old account?  If not, what can I do to link my new one with the old one? I have new email now. Any help? 

3 Replies

Re: recovery of old DB, have new one now.

Collaborator | Level 10
If you don’t remember the email address you used, that would be the biggest roadblock. The email address is the unique identifier for the accounts.

Advanced Collaborator | Level 16

Hi @sonhouse,

If You are lucky, then may be there is some device (computer or mobile) still connected to Your old account (look around You). Take a look at 'setting' in such a device. There is noted the email used. winking face

Good luck!

Highlighted

Super User II

@gregoc is right. Without the email address its impossible to get access to the account. 

Have you tried searching your email accounts for emails from *@dropbox.com to see if that gives any clues?

Also, its worth pointing out that dormant accounts are deleted after 12 months of no use.

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

recovery of old DB, have new one now.
3 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution