cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 1Password no longer available among apps you can connect to Dropbox?

1Password no longer available among apps you can connect to Dropbox?

jogu
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi,

This morning I was having some sync issues with my 1Password app on Android, so I thought I might try to disconnect 1Password from Dropbox and reconnect it. And what happened was that after diconnecting the app, I can't find it again in the list of apps to connect to Dropbox. Will it no longer be possible to connect 1Password to Dropbox?

Cheers,

Johan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jogu
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi,

It appears that the section where my 1Password for Android was listed before I got my issue was under 'View Dropbox content' and it gets added there by restarting sync from the Android app. I mistakenly thought I needed to do it the other way around by adding the app via App Center.

Furthermore I could not get restarted with my Android app because of some faulty app data for 1Password being stored on my Android phone. I solved this my going to the app settings in Android and clearing the app data for 1Password. Then it worked to set up the link again.

Sorry for causing confusion!

Kind regards,

Johan

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @jogu, thanks for messaging the Community!

If the option to connect to Dropbox within the 1Password app was removed, you might need to contact the developers of that app for further assistance on this matter.

Keep me updated with any progress!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

jogu
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi Jay,

As it seems now, I don't get a clear answer from either 1Password or Dropbox regarding this issue. I think it would be reasonable if Dropbox took responsibility for knowing which apps are currently available to connect to Dropbox. Now you ask me to talk to 1Password about this and they don't give me a clear answer either. This reluctance to take responsibility from both parties is very disappointing for me as a user. 

Kind regards,

Johan

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

It wouldn't be possible to provide a complete list, since any app (including private apps) can connect to the Dropbox service using the Dropbox API

There is a list of apps you can connect to Dropbox, but again, it isn't comprehensive.

As the 1Password app doesn't have this option to connect to Dropbox, and the app isn't developed by Dropbox itself, there isn't anything further we can add regarding this change to their app.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

jogu
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi,

It appears that the section where my 1Password for Android was listed before I got my issue was under 'View Dropbox content' and it gets added there by restarting sync from the Android app. I mistakenly thought I needed to do it the other way around by adding the app via App Center.

Furthermore I could not get restarted with my Android app because of some faulty app data for 1Password being stored on my Android phone. I solved this my going to the app settings in Android and clearing the app data for 1Password. Then it worked to set up the link again.

Sorry for causing confusion!

Kind regards,

Johan

Need more support?