cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After the latest update, the Dropbox icon is always the first in the Windows taskbar

After the latest update, the Dropbox icon is always the first in the Windows taskbar

Matilda12
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

In Windows 10, after the latest Dropbox update to version 144.4.4491, the icon in the taskbar always takes the first place of the visible icons.

As shown in the screenshot below.

Dropbox_icon_taskbar_000.jpg

Even if I move it to another position ...

Dropbox_icon_taskbar_001.jpg

... after restarting the computer, it always reverts to being the first icon shown in the taskbar.  🤔

I noticed this behavior in all three computers at my disposal and only after updating to version 144.4.4491.

In the past, after an update of Dropbox, the icon remained in the position I had chosen and did not claim to always be placed in the first position.

Any suggestions?

Has anyone noticed this phenomenon?

Thank you very much in advance for your attention! 😉

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Matilda12
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hello everyone! I am here again. 😊

I had forgotten to say that the problem arose after the automatic Dropbox update to the current version 144.4.4491.

For the moment at least, I can say I have solved!

Two ways:

• in two computers, I first relocated the Dropbox icon in the position of the taskbar from me desired, so immediately I reinstalled Dropbox using the web-installer; after that the icon has remained correctly in its place;
  • in the third computer I did not proceed with a new installation, but I acted on the taskbar settings, actually deactivating and reactivating all the visible icons and then choosing one for one which icon to display in the taskbar.

I hope I explained!

Thank you all for your attention! 😉

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Toa_Of_Justice
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Here's a screenshot of my taskbar corner overflow settings (after startup and modification) on March 18, 2022:

Screenshot 2022-03-18 130041.png

Here's a screenshot of my taskbar corner overflow settings (after startup) on March 19, 2022:

Screenshot 2022-03-19 101103.png

I'm running Dropbox 144.4.4491 (32-bit) on Windows 11 21H2 (64-bit). I believe my issue is related to this one, since it involves the same version of Dropbox.

Matilda12
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hello everyone! I am here again. 😊

I had forgotten to say that the problem arose after the automatic Dropbox update to the current version 144.4.4491.

For the moment at least, I can say I have solved!

Two ways:

• in two computers, I first relocated the Dropbox icon in the position of the taskbar from me desired, so immediately I reinstalled Dropbox using the web-installer; after that the icon has remained correctly in its place;
  • in the third computer I did not proceed with a new installation, but I acted on the taskbar settings, actually deactivating and reactivating all the visible icons and then choosing one for one which icon to display in the taskbar.

I hope I explained!

Thank you all for your attention! 😉

Matilda12
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi!

Take a look to "my" thread: here.

I think I had found a solution, at least for Windows 10.

Cheers!

Toa_Of_Justice
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

@Matilda12 Reinstalling Dropbox via the web installer worked for me on Windows 11. Thanks for your help.

HAL9000d
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello Matilda12

Can you help me?

I use DropBox on 3 computers, in sync and with the same account.
All of a sudden, the icons (green, blue,...) of the folders on one of the computers with Dropbox on the desktop disappeared.
Despite this, DropBox continue to work well but the icones do not appear.
On the other 2 computers, the icons always appear, as well.
I can't even figure out what's going on.
Thanks for help.
JorgeNS, Portugal

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi @HAL9000d, welcome to our Community! 

Are you sure the app is running? 

Can you check your app's syncing status and version, and let me know more? 

Keep me posted.

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Whatts
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I can also confirm that re-running the installer on Windows 11 21H2 solves the issue.

You don't have to uninstall or anything like that, just download and run the installer over the current installation, it will simply say you've updated to the new version.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Whatts New member | Level 2
    Megan Dropbox Staff
    HAL9000d New member | Level 2
    Toa_Of_Justice Helpful | Level 6
    Matilda12 Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?