cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An Official Client for Synology NAS Devices

An Official Client for Synology NAS Devices

bigsky
Helpful | Level 6

Hi all,

I use Dropbox daily and I love it. As a part of my current setup, I sync the entirety of my Dropbox folder to my Synology NAS device, in order to have all of my data available to me locally, through LAN (my laptop doesn't have enough disk space to allow for that), and to be able to copy the Dropbox data elsewhere to serve as a backup.

Right now, I'm using Synology's official application - Cloud Sync - to retrieve the Dropbox data. I believe it works quite well (it has some drawbacks), but it would NEVER be as reliable as an official app. Since the OS that powers Synology units - DSM - is Linux-based, I hope this suggestions is not too much, as there's already an official Dropbox Linux client.

Thanks!

31 Replies 31

GeraLuna
New member | Level 2

I will love to have this featured added.  I have a team of editors and photographers. I do have everything on my NAS, but nothing beats the Dropbox Desktop app.  You get notifications and etc.  Right now I'm storing everything with Cloud Syng inside the NAS, but in order to use the desktop I have to have a folder inside my macbook pro.  So I'm duplicating files.   

Please add this feature.

Francisco N.1
New member | Level 2

Please add this feature! 

I'm a photographer working with a team of 3 with a Dropbox Business account.

WilliamWebb
New member | Level 2

I have many clients that would be thrilled for this.

aichholzer
New member | Level 2

Agreed - a Synology client would be extremely helpful

telenoar
New member | Level 2

Definitely +1 , for both Synology and QNAP deployments.

ffiruben
Explorer | Level 3

That's exactly, what I would need. I have the same setup but I already found out, that some data have not been synced properly. So the risk of data loss is to high for me with the Synology Client.

hendrickmelo
New member | Level 2

+1 vote - Would definitely be a really useful feature to have.

viktorrauch
New member | Level 2

+1

I absolutely would love this to be a thing for a more trustworthy and reliable syncing / backup solution from Dropbox to my NAS. ❤️

graphic_lad
Helpful | Level 5

+1 We recently had a team member "move" a main folder. That meant it couldn't be retrieved from trash and was gone until we were able to determine where it went. That meant hours of downtime. Dropbox said they could restore (I only had access to rewind for about 1 hour) but it would take 2-3 days. That's way too much downtime so we clearly need a backup solution, just in case something unexpected happens.

MarcelDE
New member | Level 2

Yes, please make it! We love Synology intern and Dropbox extern with Clients share.

The Synology Client dont support Team Folders, so its very complicated make Shared Folders as Subfolder with Clients and Team Members.

Please make it simple, that the NAS can sync with Dropbox Team Folders! 🙂

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

opengineer New member | Level 2
    ScreenMachine Explorer | Level 4
    pafel New member | Level 2
    Jayse Explorer | Level 4
    Emma Community Manager
What do Dropbox user levels mean?