cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cannot open Google Sheet document

Cannot open Google Sheet document on the Dropbox website

dw23
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hello all -

I have a Google Sheet that i created several months ago.  I have been using it (updates) several times a week.  Today, I am no longer able to open the google sheet.  I keep being directed to a page with this:

Sign in to continue
You need a Google account to access Docs, Sheets, or Slides
Please make sure third-party cookies are enabled. Learn more

Sign inCreate Google account

I am signed into my Google account and i am able to open all other files, but suddenly not this one.  I even cleared the cache/cookies and still it doesn't work.  

Any suggestions or help are welcome!
thank you

Update:  I just checked another Google document and I cannot open that one either.  It is  Doc format.  I can open up documents I created as Word Doc, but not Google Doc or Google Sheets.  These are important docs for me.  I hope i can recover them.
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

CW11
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Turning off the DuckDuckGo Chrome extension has allowed my files to load. I'm guessing the latest Chrome update is causing this error. I'm sure they don't like not being able to track everything. 

View solution in original post

36 Replies 36

CW11
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Same thing happening to me. I tried to access then through file explorer rather than right in Dropbox with same results. 

CW11
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

When I hit sign in it just reloads this same page. 

Screenshot 2022-07-04 11.54.22.png

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @dw23 and @CW11, thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Have you tried this from a different browser, or from a private browsing window, to see if you get a different behavior?

Keep me posted.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

dw23
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi @Hannah 

I just tried from a different browser (Safari) and also using Incognito/Private browsing and the results were the same.  Same behavior.  I cannot open any Google Doc or Google Sheet formatted document.

One of the docs is something i need for studying today for an upcoming exam.   Is there any way for me to convert to Word or Excel format?  Or, get some version of it?  My panic level is increasing.  I created the document with Google so that I would be able to access it anywhere and anytime.  

thanks for any help or suggestions.

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @dw23, does that behavior happen to only one of your Google documents or multiple? 

Can you try copying the file and then try to preview the copy?

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

dw23
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi  @Megan  and @Hannah 

This behavior (inability to open the documents) is happening to all of my Google documents - Google Sheets and Google Docs.  I cannot open any of them any more.  I copied the files and I cannot open in Preview or just open as regular.

I already lost 2 days not being able to use any of my notes that took me weeks to create.   I am at a complete loss as to what to do, or why this started happening just a day ago?  

Is there any way to get these docs back?     

thanks for any help, advice, suggestions...

dw23
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Also....

I just tried to create a new Google Sheet.  It only takes me to that sign-in page again.  However, i noticed that after that...it does create an Untitled.ghseet in my dropbox sync folder on my mac.  But that cannot be opened either.  sigh

ColdOatmeal
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have been having the exact same issue since yesterday (04 July 2022)

Every time I try to open a document it tells me I need to sign in to Google, even though I'm already signed in.
"Sign in to continue
You need a Google account to access Docs, Sheets or Slides"

I've tried signing in and out.
I've tried clearing my cookies and caches.
I've tried opening any document in Google Docs using different browsers including Safari, Google Chrome, and Firefox.
I've tried reinstalling all my browsers.
I have allowed third-party cookies.

I am at a loss as to what I should do.
This isn't the first time something like this has happened, please can Dropbox provide a solution!

dw23
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Glad to know that i am not alone. But too bad for us and everyone else that might be suffering through this same issue.

Hopefully Google/Dropbox support can help soon.  I am at a loss too...and without my study document, i am toast.

Need more support?