cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cannot open Google Sheet document on the Dropbox website

Cannot open Google Sheet document on the Dropbox website

dw23
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hello all -

I have a Google Sheet that i created several months ago.  I have been using it (updates) several times a week.  Today, I am no longer able to open the google sheet.  I keep being directed to a page with this:

Sign in to continue
You need a Google account to access Docs, Sheets, or Slides
Please make sure third-party cookies are enabled. Learn more

Sign inCreate Google account

I am signed into my Google account and i am able to open all other files, but suddenly not this one.  I even cleared the cache/cookies and still it doesn't work.  

Any suggestions or help are welcome!
thank you

Update:  I just checked another Google document and I cannot open that one either.  It is  Doc format.  I can open up documents I created as Word Doc, but not Google Doc or Google Sheets.  These are important docs for me.  I hope i can recover them.
36 Replies 36

ColdOatmeal
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I completely agree

Have you had any success contacting them via email or using their chat function?

I'm waiting for a reply to my email. The live chat doesn't seem to be working for some reason.

dw23
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I am not sure how to get help via any channel/medium.  I looked at the "Contact Support" page, but there are only options for Community Help and the chatbot.  I tried the chatbot, but it is extremely rudimentary.  It can only answer basic questions.  If there is an actual support chat,  then I don't know about that.  

Update:  But to hopefully save myself from this again, I am downloading all of my documents/files from Dropbox.  I am going to move them all to Apple iCloud or maybe just my own aws s3 bucket.  

CW11
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Even when moved or downloaded these files don't open, they were created in Dropbox. So I end up back at the log-in to Google screen. 

CW11
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Turning off the DuckDuckGo Chrome extension has allowed my files to load. I'm guessing the latest Chrome update is causing this error. I'm sure they don't like not being able to track everything. 

ColdOatmeal
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

That's very helpful, I will try that!

ColdOatmeal
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

@CW11 

Disabling the Duck Duck Go extension worked for me.

Thank you so much for suggesting that!

(Obviously, I would prefer to keep it enabled, but at least now I know what the problem is)

dw23
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi @ColdOatmeal  and @CW11 

I wasn't tracking this post for a couple of days, but thanks for the possible solution.  I had Duck Duck Go installed before, but I thought I had removed or disabled that extension.  Maybe not!  

I will try that and if it works, at least i can get to my files again.  

thank you!

DCdocs
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi - I'm unable to access G Suite files in Dropbox. This is a new issue in the last couple of weeks. I used to be able to open G Suite files and I can still open other kinds of files (non- G Suite). I get a prompt to "sign in to continue" (see pic). When I press "sign in" it loops back to this same message. It happens whether it's a shared file or one of my own in Dropbox. I have Dropbox Basic. I have cleared cookies, restarted, and tried different browers. What do you recommend?

dropbox.JPG

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there, @DCdocs, how are you today?

I've merged your post in a similar thread, to keep everything in one place. 

Can you check what has already been suggested, and let me know if anything changed? 

Thanks a bunch!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

DCdocs
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Disabling the Duck Duck Go extension solved this for me. Thanks all!!

Need more support?