cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Context menu filled with Dropbox items

Context menu filled with Dropbox items

FarelTheGiraffe
Explorer | Level 4

Recently I noticed that when I right click objects in Windows, the context menu is bloated with manu entire Dropbox items. This menu is big enough as it is, so I really don't appreciate to see those options everywhere, especially when the online/offline options are all I ever use. Programs like WinRar  offer the option to select which items should be visible. Dropbox does not offer that, and it is a problem that I found no solution to. I asked support, but got told that its likely the fault of ... other applications.... and I should apparently ask here. Can I get some help?

Some screenshots with examples can be found here:

https://sta.sh/21eprif3at0e

01) "Send copy...", such a scenario only occurred on a shortcut to a file not on Dropbox. Not necessary to me at all, but of little issue

02) "Send copy..." and "Copy to Dropbox...", such a scenario only occurred on a file or folder not on Dropbox. Not necessary to me at all, but of little issue

03) A unique 7-item case. Within DropBox itself, there was a shortcut file, one set to being available offline, and not only did "Send copy..." appear twice, which is likely a bug, but the first instance comes along with a ton of options:
- Share...
- View on Dropbox.com
- Copy Dropbox link
- Make online-only
- Version history
- Do not sync with Dropbox.com
- Send a copy...
Of these, I would only ever use "Make online-only", so this just causes unnecessary mess, and I'd appreciate being able to remove the rest.

NOTE: On a "half offline file" as I like to describe it, there is both an option for making it offline and online, and that's how it goes from 7 to 8 options

4) Then we have 3 cases where I saw 8 options:
- a shortcut on desktop to a file on Dropbox
- a file on dropbox, which was set to online only
- a file on dropbox, which was set to offline availability

These options are
- Share...
- View on Dropbox.com
- Copy Dropbox link
- Make online-only ("Make available offline" for the online only file)
- Version history
- Send for signature
- Send a copy...
- Do not sync with Dropbox.com
- Send a copy... (this is the before-last option for the online only file)
Of these, I would only ever use "Make online-only" or "Make available offline", so this just adds bloat to my context menu

5) Then we have 3 cases where I saw 9 options:
- a folder on dropbox, which was set to online only
- a folder on dropbox, which was set to offline availability

These options are
- Share...
- View on Dropbox.com
- Copy Dropbox link
- Make online-only ("Make available offline" for the online only file)
- Version history
- Request files...
- So not sync with Dropbox.com (this is the last item on the list for the online only file)
- Manage disk space (googline makes me wonder if this isn't "Manage backup..." in English, but I'm not sure)
- Send a copy...
Again, only those 2 are of any importance to me, so I find the rest completely unnecessary.

NOTE: On a "half offline file" as I like to describe it, there is both an option for making it offline and online, and that's how it goes from 9 to 10

I'll appreciate any help with the issue.
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II

@FarelTheGiraffe wrote:

This menu is big enough as it is, so I really don't appreciate to see those options everywhere, especially when the online/offline options are all I ever use.

There is no option to modify the context menu items.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II

@FarelTheGiraffe wrote:

This menu is big enough as it is, so I really don't appreciate to see those options everywhere, especially when the online/offline options are all I ever use.

There is no option to modify the context menu items.

FarelTheGiraffe
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind when my subscribtion runs out

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

FarelTheGiraffe Explorer | Level 4
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?