cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Documents stored in Dropbox are automatically deleted when changing Salesforce 'Case' owner

Documents stored in Dropbox are automatically deleted when changing Salesforce 'Case' owner

readydesk
New member | Level 2

We are using the Dropbox for Salesforce integration.  Our customer service agents create support 'Cases' in Salesforce.  We have accompanying documents that are a part of that support case which are stored in our Dropbox Business Team account.

We need those accompanying documents to stay with the support case they are associated with.

However, when we need to transfer the support case to a different customer service agent (change ownership of the case in Salesforce) the accompanying documents are automatically deleted from Dropbox and we have to go into Dropbox and restore them.

How do we fix this problem—any suggestions?

Thanks!

6 Replies 6

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @readydesk, sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Can you please clarify if you're a team member or the team's admin and if you've been through the Help Center articles I linked to?

Have you maybe reached out to our Support team about this? If so, please share your ticket ID so that I can look it up in our system too.

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

1sharpshooter
Explorer | Level 3

I am a Team Admin.  We are experiencing this same issue.  We have been trying to resolve this for the past 20 days during which time the issue was  escalated to Advanced Support.  I have yet to hear back.

Issue #1

We are using Case(s) that have accompanying documents that are a part of that particular support Case.  The files are stored in Dropbox.

When we transfer the case to another team member, this changes the ownership of the Case in Salesforce and the accompanying documents are automatically deleted and placed into the Dropbox Deleted folder, requiring us to restore the files after each transfer of ownership.

Issue#2

During this deletion process mentioned under Issue #1, the person transferring ownership of the case receives an error - "Line 713, Column 1 script-thrown exception" 

Issue #3

Sometimes during the ownership change, referenced in Issue #1, multiple folders are being created when trying to restore the deleted files.

Any thoughts of how to fix this?

Shame on me for not reading the contract earlier, but if you cancel your account, there is no refund.  No protections for lack of service either.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @1sharpshooter, thanks for the nudge here and sorry to see you'r having these issues.

Can you please give us the ticket number for your communication with our support team, so we can look it up on our end?

Thanks!

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

1sharpshooter
Explorer | Level 3

The ticket number is 21598537

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the ticket number, @1sharpshooter!

I was able to locate it in our system, and I’ve left an internal message to our team, so that they can also see your post here.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

1sharpshooter
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

1sharpshooter Explorer | Level 3
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?