cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox unstable in iPad OS Files App.

Dropbox unstable in iPad OS Files App.

VinceM50
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
The problem I have is that Dropbox seems to crash when running on an iPAD via the apple files app. If I open an application that uses the files app, such as Pages or Final Draft, when saving to the Dropbox via the files app, it crashes the app and for the next 4 to 5 minutes if I click on drop box via the files app it just doesn’t load.

Apple has confirmed this is a Dropbox issue (I raised it with them first), and I have not been able to crash the application(s) using Google Drive via files in the same way. 

Can anyone help?
155 Replies 155

ColombianJoker
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I have basically the same problem: the file provider is extremely unstable. With apps that write many (different) parts of files, the file provider stops working. I lose save operations, and it is dropbox, because whenever it stops working in my app, it stops working for anything in the Files app, I cant’t even browse any folder. To disable and reenable the Dropbox option in the sidebar of Files does nothing, my only solution is to restart my iPad. It is fustrating, I only keep using Dropbox because I have other devices (with brands different from Apple) that only connect with Dropbox.

I have iPadOS15.6.1 and Dropbox 306.2 on an iPad Pro 2020 11”, and the problems are more evident whenever I try to markup files in PDF Expert, but any program saving files can (and do) create problems with the file provider.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi everyone, I hope you’re all doing great! 

@ColombianJoker (and anyone else who’s still facing the same issue), can you please let me know so that we can open a ticket for you and investigate this further by looking into your Dropbox account?

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

ColombianJoker
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Yes please! What must I do?

Simonmr
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

It still doesn't work for me - if I want to work on a file stored in Dropbox on my iPad, I now just copy it someplace else, open it, work on it, then save it, then re upload to Dropbox. Not really ideal.

ColombianJoker
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

That's what I'm doing now with the PDF files I want to annotate with Readdle PDF Expert

VinceM50
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Hello, count me in, I will test again tonight to reproduce the issue.

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi all, I reached out to you internally. Respond back to me, and we'll take it from there.

Thanks!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

flaviomuff
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I do have exatcly the same issue. would appreciate if you could help me out with this. 

Simonmr
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hmmm frustratingly I was trying to record a Screencast to demonstrate the problem on my iPad today and it worked flawlessly. I was able to create a new document in Pages, save it to Dropbox, and changes would save as expected without the application or the Files app hanging.

Not sure if this is a result of software updates, but will keep an eye on it and report back if the problem reoccurs with me.

superuser
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

It breaks only when uploading multiple files.

For example when I export 10 photos to a dropbox folder, the first 3 are usually uploaded before it crashes and I need to restart the iPad for it to work again! 

Need more support?