cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expected changes with Dropbox for macOS _Woo Commerce

Expected changes with Dropbox for macOS _Woo Commerce

Phil_STE
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

In regards of "

• Your Dropbox folder will be moved to ~/Library/CloudStorage.
  • Due to the change of the Dropbox folder location, files that were previously linked in some third-party applications will need to be linked again." I have a wordpress Woocommerce based e-shop where people can download files and zip after receiving an email link.
  • My question is:  will I have to relink the dropbox folder files based on my Mac or will be it synchronised automatically?
  • In short will it affect woo commerce dropbox intehgration?
  • Thanks to let me know.
  • Best regards.
  • Phil

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Phil_STE wrote:
... files that were previously linked in some third-party applications will need to be linked again. ... will I have to relink the dropbox folder files ...

This doesn't refer to shared links to files/folders in your account. It refers to having files that use embedded links to other files in your Dropbox. For instance, a spreadsheet that is linked to and pulls data from another spreadsheet. Such links use full paths, and with the Dropbox folder moving to a new location, those paths will be different, so embedded links will break and need to be re-linked.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Phil_STE wrote:
... files that were previously linked in some third-party applications will need to be linked again. ... will I have to relink the dropbox folder files ...

This doesn't refer to shared links to files/folders in your account. It refers to having files that use embedded links to other files in your Dropbox. For instance, a spreadsheet that is linked to and pulls data from another spreadsheet. Such links use full paths, and with the Dropbox folder moving to a new location, those paths will be different, so embedded links will break and need to be re-linked.

Phil_STE
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Got it.thanks.

RayColling
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

its also helpful for me i have woo commerce store mayphunsuonganthinh and i was phased same problem but now its good check it

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

RayColling New member | Level 2
    Phil_STE New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?