cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Issue with Good Notes and Dropbox

Issue with Good Notes and Dropbox

cloudyx
Helpful | Level 5

I am using Good Notes for iPad for studying and whenever I want to insert images from Dropbox, the menu that opens to select the image often stays black and it takes approximately 10-30 minutes until it works again. restarting the app or device doesn't help, only waiting fixes it. Sometimes the problem occurs right after opening the app, sometimes after a while of working.

I already reached out to Good Notes Support and they said: "I believe the problem could be related to Dropbox's File Extension couldn't load/retrieve your images from Dropbox's server for some reasons. If you notice this issue is occuring frequently, kindly reach out to Dropbox Support team and see if they have some solutions (as the file extension for showing files from Dropbox is maintained on Dropbox side). "

So, what can I do?

16 Replies 16

iangraham_oomph
New member | Level 2

Thanks, that is what I am thinking . I reached out to Goodnotes , even sent them diagnostics , nothing yet .

Ian

kmc1
New member | Level 2

I'm having a similar problem. I was able to open Dropbox through Goodnotes once, but nothing happened when I tried to import a document. Now, when I try to click on the Dropbox option from within Goodnotes, nothing happens. From the Dropbox app, I can open something in Goodnotes, however.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi @kmc1, I’m sorry to hear you’re also having the same issue. 

Have you tried perhaps any of the recommended steps, like to clear the Dropbox app’s cache and perform a reinstall on your device? 

You can also reinstall GoodNotes as an additional step, before checking again.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Fdhanna
New member | Level 2

Same problem for me.  Tried suggested fixes and nothing.  It works with Box and am thinking of switching.  I’d rather not but it’s impossible to get anyone to take responsibility to fix this.  Dropbox says it’s a GoodNotes problem.  GoodNotes says it’s a Dropbox problem.  All I know is that it’s a significant problem that is stopping me from using these apps together.

Mark
Super User II

Good Notes should reach out to Dropbox API support and ask for assistance if they think its an issue/bug at the Dropbox end. I'm inclined to believe it isnt a bug at Dropbox's side as no other apps are reporting it as an issue. My guess is that its a slight coding issue at Good Notes side - but Dropbox cannot fix that, Good Notes need to.... that said the API Support team *can* tell them how to do it.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Jenkins_James
Helpful | Level 5

The best workaround I have been using:

• Open the file you want to import to Good Notes from Dropbox in Dropbox;
  • Click the Share button (bottom right of screen) in Dropbox;
  • Click "Send Copy of File";
  • Select Good Notes;
  • Select "Location";
  • Place file in the Good Note document of your choice  

Graham
Community Manager

Hi @Jenkins_James,

I hope you are well today. Thank you for sharing this workaround with us here. Hopefully, it will help some of the other members who have experienced similar issues when using Good Notes with Dropbox. Have you seen this @cloudyx and @Fdhanna? I know it's not the solution you were hoping for, but hopefully it can help to make things run a little smoother for you in the meantime. 

Thanks again, and have a great day!

Graham

Need more support?