cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No "Edit" icon on Microsoft Office files in Dropbox mobile app

No "Edit" icon on Microsoft Office files in Dropbox mobile app

WeedMonkey
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

According to Dropbox support article, I should see an "edit" icon (pencil-and-paper icon) when I open a Microsoft Office document from within the Dropbox Mobile app on my iPad Pro. I don’t see the icon. 

I can open and save Office files stored in Dropbox by opening them from within the Word, Excel, etc. app. I just can’t open them into Word from the Dropbox app. 

Suggestions will I’ll be appreciated. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@WeedMonkey wrote:

According to Dropbox support article, I should see an "edit" icon (pencil-and-paper icon) when I open a Microsoft Office document from within the Dropbox Mobile app on my iPad Pro. I don’t see the icon.

Dropbox is rather slow when it comes to updating the documentation, specifically when a visual element has changed but the functionality is the same. The icon you're looking for looks like this now...

76063d53f6223f83d30cc723c56407e9.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi there, could you create a test Office file and preview it in your mobile app and send us a screenshot of what you see when you tap the file once?

Thanks in advance!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

WeedMonkey
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Jay, I’m having problems sending the screen capture. I keep getting "An unexpected error occurred" when I try to attach the file (that's as opposed to an expected error, I suppose? 😊).

I've tried attaching the file in Safari for iPad and in Firefox for Windows, with the same result. 

On Safari for iPad, I click on the Choose File box in my Reply, then maneuver to the photos on my iPad and click on the screenshot file. 

On Firefox for Windows, I drag the file onto the box on the Reply window.

So, two platforms, two different browsers, same result. I guess I need a little guidance on what I’m doing wrong. 

Thanks. 

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Try adding the file using this button in the post field.

Attach photo.jpg

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@WeedMonkey wrote:

Dropbox is rather slow when it comes to updating the documentation, specifically when a visual element has changed but the functionality is the same. The icon you're looking for looks like this now...

76063d53f6223f83d30cc723c56407e9.png

WeedMonkey
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Well that changes EVERYTHING! Thanks, that solves it. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

WeedMonkey Explorer | Level 4
    Rich Super User II
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?