cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Not happy with your Spotify Wrapped? Check out how Kevin on the Dropbox team used Paper to make sure he keeps discovering new music over here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask
Reply and help

Problems with opening files with Kobo ereader

Problems with opening files with Kobo ereader

jlafler
New member | Level 2

FWIW, I don't think this is a Dropbox problem, but Kobo directed me here.

I have been using Dropbox with my Kobo Sage ereader. I add epub files to Dropbox and can download them from there. It's been working fine for months.

Then, today, I was 80% finished reading a book when suddenly I couldn't advance. I quit out of the book and when I tried to reopen it I got a message saying that I needed to authorize my device with ADE to open the book. This book has nothing to do with ADE! It was a free epub I downloaded as part of the Hugo Award voter's packet.

I checked my accounts page. Device says it's authorized with ADE. I deauthorized and reauthorized. Still not working. Deleted epub from Dropbox, opened it with ADE, and added again to Dropbox. Still not working.

Needless to say, this is happening with all the other books that I downloaded from the packet.

Anyway, I think this is either an ADE problem or a Kobo problem, but Kobo couldn't help me and said I should try Dropbox help.

3 Replies 3

Re: Problems with opening files with Kobo ereader

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @jlafler, thanks for contacting us.

Do you need to have the epub file on Dropbox in order to read it on the Kobo device? 

Are you able to instead download the file to your machine and then upload it directly to the Kobo?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

jlafler
New member | Level 2

Hi, I can upload the file to the ereader from my computer, but Dropbox is easier (or was easier until this problem emerged), which is why I use it. 

So far the only thing I've found that helps is restarting the ereader. This gets rid of the problem for a while, then it starts up again.

—Janet

Jay
Dropboxer

Thanks for the update, it's possible there may be an issue with the integration itself, and not Dropbox directly, so you might need to contact the developers for further assistance on this matter. 

However, I'm glad to hear that rebooting the device allows it to work for a time. If you need any further assistance in future, please let me know.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropboxer
    jlafler New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?