cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: RE: How Unlimited Time for Recording is granted with Dropbox Capture - Status changed to: New

RE: How Unlimited Time for Recording is granted with Dropbox Capture

ShowGoShane
New member | Level 2

*I'm writing this to the Dropbox Brass, not intended for a Forum, but since 'this is how it's done', I'll play along...

I know Dropbox is offering Dropbox capture as one way to entice companies or people to sign up for larger plans since when you do you get extra benefits like unlimited recording time.

Luckily I have the professional plan so none of this pertains to me hyphen however I please implore you to still pass along my request up the chain ,however you do it in your department ,as a client suggestion for a different way of offering Dropbox capture with unlimited recording time.

There is another way that you could offer Unlimited time recordings for somebody who doesn't have the Professional version (or whatever the threshold currently is).

A separate way which I think is still very effective with your effort to entice/encourage people to use Dropbox more - and at an upgraded Plan.

You offer the Unlimited Time Recordings to; 1) The Pro and above as you currently do, plus 2) to others (now, this is with your discretion; 1 Plan below Pro, or 2 Plans? (I'm not close w/ your different Plans)... if they sign up for the Annual Plan. Genius, I know. 😉

Basing it solely on the Plan Level is rough because some ppl just don't need the higher plan, it's not as if they are holding back their potential purchase. However, if they have a lower Plan and are paying month to month, then encouraging them to have Dropbox year-round and receive the Capture benefits is a great motivator.

Even if they are already on an Annual Plan (at the lower-than-Pro Level), still giving them full access to Capture as a 'Thank You' is okay to do too. It doesn't always have to be as a result of them increasing their Plan today. 'Here's a benefit to your current Plan and our way of saying Thank you for your long-term commitment that you've shown us! Now, here's our commitment to you. Enjoy Unlimited Captu....'

This is my suggestion for you Dropbox Capture. It's your move...

1 Reply 1

YoucefDropbox
Dropbox Staff

Hi there! Youcef from the Capture team here. Thank you so much for your feedback. I really appreciate it.

Totally hear you on providing more options for customers to get unlimited time on Dropbox Capture. Our pricing & packaging is relatively new, it was just launched in October, so we are still iterating on the best ways to make Capture available to Dropbox customers. So more to come on this one!

Let me know if you have any other feedback or questions so we can make Capture even better for you.

Need more support?