cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Start Dropbox in batch file - Windows10

Start Dropbox in batch file - Windows10

TonK
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

When I plan sync with dropbox I start a .bat file.

In case dropbox is active, the script is running normally

In case dropbox is not actieve dropbox.exe is started but the script doesn't continue unless I select the window ( eg by mouseclick).

Start /c doesn't solve.

@echo off
set path="C:\Program Files\WinRAR\";"c:\Program Files (x86)\Dropbox\Client\";"c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\";%path%
start dropbox.exe
rem C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /c "PowerShell.exe -NoProfile -Command Clear-RecycleBin"
echo:
echo:	!!!  Zijn alle bestanden en toepassingen gesloten ? 
echo:
choice /C MZC /M "...>>>...Maak een keuze M voor incl pst, Z zonder pst, C om te stoppen."
echo:
if errorlevel 3 goto 3
if errorlevel 2 goto 2
if errorlevel 1 goto 1

:1
ECHO: 		Alleen de gewijzigde data INCL. PST worden verwerkt - kan ook dat er geen zijn !
Echo:
rem TASKKILL /IM OUTLOOK.EXE
Echo: Met PST
rem winRAR a -ao -ac -ed -oni -  etc 
rem winRAR a -ao -ac -ed -oni - etc
pause
exit

:2
ECHO: 		Alleen de gewijzigde data ZONDER PST worden verwerkt - kan ook dat er geen zijn !
Echo:
rem winRAR a -ao -ac -ed -oni - etc
echo:  Zonder PST
pause
exit

:3
exit
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

TonK
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi Rich,

Thank you for your efforts to help.

I tested next script in a separate batch file and it runs as normal. But adding this .bat in my original script (call ..) is is not

@echo off
set app="c:\Program Files (x86)\Dropbox\Client\Dropbox.exe"
taskkill -F -IM "Dropbox.exe"
start "Restart Dropbox" %app% -B;
exit

I suggest we stop this matter an I will deal with a minor problem = selecting the shown window by mouseclick :disappointed_relieved:

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Have you tried it without using the start command, just calling dropbox.exe directly?

If the above doesn't help, then you'll have better luck asking this on a scripting or Windows forum. This really isn't a Dropbox issue.

TonK
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Rich, thank you for reacting.

Yes, I tried your proposal, aswell Call. But withou results.

I think it is a Dropbox matter because using other applications the script is running fine. After loading dropbox there is no return tot the windows started from.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

But you're using Dropbox in a manner that's not intended. You're trying to control when Dropbox is running when Dropbox is meant to be running all the time.

When used as intended, it works properly. That is why this wouldn't be a Dropbox issue. It's an unsupported configuration.

TonK
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

The background is that i don't want to run dropbox all the time but only when I have file to sync. It is not loaded after booting the PC.

Is there another way to control access to dropbox i.s.o. shutting down dropbox?

May be stopping/starting the drop service ?

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Some have used scheduled tasks along with taskkill to start and stop the dropbox.exe process.

TonK
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi Rich,

Thank you for your efforts to help.

I tested next script in a separate batch file and it runs as normal. But adding this .bat in my original script (call ..) is is not

@echo off
set app="c:\Program Files (x86)\Dropbox\Client\Dropbox.exe"
taskkill -F -IM "Dropbox.exe"
start "Restart Dropbox" %app% -B;
exit

I suggest we stop this matter an I will deal with a minor problem = selecting the shown window by mouseclick :disappointed_relieved:

Need more support?