cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Trouble using Dropbox on a new IPad

Trouble using Dropbox on a new IPad

DouglasL
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I recently upgraded an IPad with a new IPad.  I have three computers using my free Dropbox account: IMac, IPhone, and IPad.  However, when I open Dropbox on the new IPad, it tries to force me to upgrade my Dropbox account to unlimited computers.  I only have three, so that should not be necessary.  What can I do?  I’ve tried rebooting the IPad.  I’ve tried managing computers on the Dropbox website.  Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@DouglasL wrote:

Anyway, I can’t remove the IPad from the list by using the iPhone and I can’t do anything on Dropbox from the iPad.  Will simply removing the app from the IPad remove it from my Dropbox list?

No. You need to sign in to the Dropbox website and remove the device from your Security page.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@DouglasL wrote:

... when I open Dropbox on the new IPad, it tries to force me to upgrade my Dropbox account to unlimited computers.  I only have three ...

Basic accounts have a limit of three devices. If you have three devices connected to your account already, you'll need to remove one before you can add another. You can see a list of the devices linked to your account on your Security page.

DouglasL
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Rich,

Thank you for your response.  From my iPhone I see the three computers listed, but not under security.  It’s under Manage devices.  Anyway, I can’t remove the IPad from the list by using the iPhone and I can’t do anything on Dropbox from the iPad.  Will simply removing the app from the IPad remove it from my Dropbox list?  Thank you.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@DouglasL wrote:

Anyway, I can’t remove the IPad from the list by using the iPhone and I can’t do anything on Dropbox from the iPad.  Will simply removing the app from the IPad remove it from my Dropbox list?

No. You need to sign in to the Dropbox website and remove the device from your Security page.

DouglasL
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

It worked.  Thank you for your help.

Need more support?