cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Photo Canada site says "not logged in" for synching with my Dropbox

Walmart Photo Canada site says "not logged in" for synching with my Dropbox

Snooker
Helpful | Level 5

Hello! 

I am so hoping someone can help me! I use the Walmart Photo Canada site and upload photos weekly for printing so I can do next day pick up at the location. For weeks now (6? 7?) it has not worked in allowing me to access my Dropbox at all. Keeps telling me I am not logged in. I spent an hour waiting to talk to a Walmart Photo person this morning who said at his end there is no problem. I use a desktop (not Apple) and an iPad and neither of them will work and my daughter-in-law is also having the same issue. We both print weekly. Any idea what's wrong? 
I appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you,

Pam

6 Replies 6

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Snooker, thanks for posting to our Community today.

Would you mind sharing a bit more info on the issue? Like, a screenshot of the error message, perhaps, and where you see it, would be awesome.

And how did you initially connect/login to your Dropbox through the Walmart Photo Canada website?

Is it possible to somehow disconnect and reconnect it?

Thanks in advance!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Rich
Super User II

@Snooker wrote:

I use the Walmart Photo Canada site and upload photos weekly for printing so I can do next day pick up at the location. For weeks now (6? 7?) it has not worked in allowing me to access my Dropbox at all. Keeps telling me I am not logged in.

Not saying this is the issue, but Dropbox recently blocked API access for apps that were still using the old TLS 1.0 and 1.1 protocols. Connections using TLS 1.2 are now required. If an app developer hasn't updated their app to use TLS 1.2, then it would no longer be able to connect to Dropbox. The solution in this case is to contact the developer of the app in question and ask them to update it.

Snooker
Helpful | Level 5

Thanks so much for this reply. I am having zero luck thus far in trying to get anything done through Walmart. Really frustrating as I've used the system (Dropbox uploads and Walmart printing) for years to do these photo books for my grandkids. It's a drag. I will keep trying but I am not sure I could even find someone to listen to this. Today's Walmart phone sessions (two) did me in. I appreciate you writing this out for me.

Pam

Snooker
Helpful | Level 5

Hi Hannah,
Thanks for replying. I did the disconnect, reconnect, removed it as an approved app in Dropbox and re-installed it, all to no avail.

I did take photos and hopefully can attach them here.

So, for a donkey's age I'd just login to Walmart Photo Canada.

Then it would ask how I wanted to upload the photos.

I'd click Dropbox circle.

Then a page that was about logging in to Dropbox would come up and I'll click OK.

Then I'd click the little flag thing in left top corner and voila, I'd be in Dropbox and could select photos to upload.
Until now. 

This order of photos is wrong....

It goes circle things 

Then yellow okay box re Import Login

Then little flag Dropbox left corner import from social media one

then Login to Dropbox, you are not logged in.

Ha.

Photo 2022-05-09, 10 36 43 AM.jpgPhoto 2022-05-09, 10 36 53 AM.jpgPhoto 2022-05-09, 10 37 09 AM.jpgPhoto 2022-05-09, 10 37 18 AM.jpg

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the info and the screenshots here!

Have you discussed what Rich mentioned about the TLS 1.0 and 1.1 protocols with the people from the Walmart site?

You can read more about that here and perhaps give them this info, so they can check things out on their end.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Snooker
Helpful | Level 5

Hi Hannah,

I tried. I emailed them the info but to no avail. I just don't think I am at all high on their list of problems that need fixing. It's been frustrating and time consuming. The support in this group , I really appreciate that. My only option now seems to be download the Dropbox photos here at my desktop (I upload them from phone, iPad, camera) and then move them from the download into the Walmart location if I want to stay with them. The next day pick up always worked a charm for me for years. I am grateful for your help here. I'll let you know if they ever do listen to me, haha, but don't hold your breath.

In kindness,
Pam

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Snooker Helpful | Level 5
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?