cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you use to backup Dropbox?

What do you use to backup Dropbox?

DeliberatelyDisasterDeterred
Explorer | Level 3

I am looking for a third party solution that will backup Dropbox and I have not found any yet. One of the problems I have is that I have more than 8TB of data in Dropbox and I am told that they do not support syncing that much to a local device - therefore, a backup of the local files is not a complete solution. Have you used or heard of anything that I can look into?

8 Replies 8

Mark
Super User II

I run BackBlaze on my system which works really well 🙂

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Explorer | Level 3

Does BackBlaze backup data that resides in Dropbox?

Mark
Super User II

It backsup everything thats on my device, so, wont backup anything which is in the cloud - but for me thats fine (I still have the very very old PackRat add-on!). 

I dont think you'll find any service which can backup what you have on cloud but not device. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Explorer | Level 3

Ok. It is my understanding that I cannot have all of my DropBox on my computer no matter how large my drives are. I want to backup everything that Dropbox is storing. Right now I am reviewing CloudAlly's site to see if that is an option: https://www.cloudally.com/dropbox-backup/why-backup-dropbox/

Explorer | Level 3

Whew, CloudAlly is $30,000/year for 10TB

Mark
Super User II

I was just about to comment about how expensive that is!!

Explorer | Level 3

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

Hi @DeliberatelyDisasterDeterred,

Take a look on some competitors. pCloud, for example, can provide backup for different online services (including Dropbox) on reasonable price, I think.

Good luck!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Здравко Legendary | Level 20
    DeliberatelyDisasterDeterred Explorer | Level 3
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?