cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question .rtf files now have become .rtfd files and won't open

question .rtf files now have become .rtfd files and won't open

jada r.
New member | Level 2

here is the problem which has just begun recently. I have an iMac and iPad and iPod and now .rtf files now have suddenly changed into .rtfd files and won't open. I think it is only .rtf files which have images embedded. Can't find any help although i discovered if i go through one at a time and RENAME them back to .rtf , it becomesTWO files.  Is doing this the only way to get back the textEdit files which used to open without trouble?

19 Replies 19

JaapN
Helpful | Level 5

On IOS I only use the preview function of dropbox, whatever editing i do is all done on my mac.

Diane K.15
Helpful | Level 6
I do the same. You aren't able to see the rtf files in Preview on ios, right?
So the files are unusable on your phone?

JaapN
Helpful | Level 5

Correct, can't preview most rtf files anymore on iphone and ipad.

jackmo
New member | Level 2
I'm having the same problem. It has really caused a problem. I have 418 files I'll need to copy and paste into other files? Dropbox might be on its way out....

JaapN
Helpful | Level 5

Agree, I moved all my rtf files to a different app. This has been going on for some months and it's stunning that dropbox has not responded in any shape or form.

Diane K.15
Helpful | Level 6
I e-mailed them a few weeks ago and sent them sample files. They are supposedly working on it.

Diane K.15
Helpful | Level 6
What app are you using? I have been able to export the file using Notes, and then screenshot and save as a jpg file. I have hundreds of files though, so a total pita! If they come up with a solution I will post it here.

JaapN
Helpful | Level 5

I moved all my rtf files to an app called box. It does't have a preview pane like the one in dropbox, but it opens the files in a full screen preview and works fine.

Macsuga
New member | Level 2
You can read the rtd part on google drive. DB should add the same feature

JavierBR
New member | Level 2

Try to donwload the file and name it adding .tar.  File.rtfd.tar

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

JavierBR New member | Level 2
    Macsuga New member | Level 2
    JaapN Helpful | Level 5