cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Latest news

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: An update on Showcase

An update on Showcase

DBXCommunity
Community Manager
Dropbox has made the decision to discontinue Showcase, a feature included with Dropbox Professional, Business Advanced, and Enterprise, starting on 1/31/2021. From observing usage of Dropbox Showcase, the team found that it was primarily used for final delivery with analytics. You might have seen, through the launch of some new products, that Dropbox made the decision to focus on building dedicated tools for these needs - specificallyDropbox Transfer, branded sharing, and traffic and insights.

• Dropbox Transfer lets you easily and securely send large files and collections of files to anyone and confirm delivery
  • Branded sharing lets you present files with your logo, company name, and a background image
  • Traffic and insights allow you to see who’s visited your links, when they were accessed, and more details (available with Dropbox Professional, Business Advanced, and Enterprise)

Individuals on a team account can reach out to their admins with questions about access to these tools.

So, what does that mean for my Showcases? 

Starting on January 31, 2021, all showcases you’ve created, including any related statistics, will no longer be available. But don’t worry, the files within your Showcases are existing files within Dropbox, so you will not lose access to these. You can also download the contents within your Showcase to a local folder. Alternatively, you can check out this post to learn about other ways to save content from your Showcases.

We apologize for any inconvenience this change causes. Rest assured that we’ll continue developing the above tools and future products to improve your Dropbox experience. To learn more about this transition, visit our help center.

We always appreciate your feedback, and if you have an idea for a new Dropbox feature, you can share it here
8 Replies 8

Clément
Helpful | Level 6

Hi, 

I have used Showcase to share different types of documents that are not in the same folders. Moreover, there was the possibility to add extra content (Youtube videos, link to url, etc.)

It was for us very useful like a simple webpage to share documents with a nicer design. 

I do not understand how I will be able to do that with the features you recommend now.

Thanks for your answer and help, 

dietoself86
Helpful | Level 6

I must echo the sentiments of other users. I use Showcase & Transfer in conjunction with each other. I do not believe one fully replaces the other. I use Showcase to present mockups/proposals for brands that I'm working with. It is the perfect solution as the above users said for making a professional presentation page for end users. When everything is said and done then I package up files and send them via Transfer. I would also like to ask that you PLEASE reconsider this decision. It was really the only add-on that was keeping me with a Professional account.

Dujio
Helpful | Level 6

Yes it is very dissapointing - dropbox seem to drop more than boxes...

I switched to using Notion for creating pages similar to what showcase can create - its a very powerful system and not likely to be dropped off a cliff anytime soon.

Id like to know which "users" gave feedback saying they'd like to see showcase ended? hmmmm.

faker001
Helpful | Level 5

This is really not helpful; the value in Showcase was in being able to present files not just in a plain list the way a folder would, but as a portfolio with text, outside links, descriptions, images, etc.  None of the three other Dropbox features mentioned perform this kind of portfolio functionality. Please keep Showcase.

michill designs
New member | Level 2

Downgrading my account to eat up the cost of hosting a micro site to "showcase" my work. 

You guys suck.

New member | Level 2

I do agree with other users. Show case was useful in away that was different than other services. It was the biggest reason I upgraded to Professionl. My vote to re-consider keeping the service. 

Emma
Community Manager

Thank you all for your feedback on this. 

You can find out more about this decision in our latest update to this idea.

Dujio
Helpful | Level 6
I too will be downgrading to basic if not cancelling my Dropbox account altogether - I do t appreciate the way this has been handled. The crazy short notice, the vague responses and lack of true reasoning behind the removal of a useful service that people learned to rely on - please answer me this - why would any customer of Dropbox trust it enough to handle and manage business processes when you remove core features at short notice and cause people no end of stress and difficulty - no viable replacement, no suggested alternatives - it says a lot about the way Dropbox is run and managed and how out of touch you are with your user based. I have encouraged hundreds of clients to use Dropbox and I can’t continue to do that because I have lost faith in your ability to protect clients ability to do their work. Additionally releasing half baked products like passwords that barely work whilst ending brilliant and useful products just seems like you’re just chasing the next hook rather than servicing the existing clients you have. It all leaves a bad taste for a product that has hundreds of competitors at often better prices. The reason Dropbox had mine and my clients money was because of the trust and the premium feel of how the company ran - but now it seems to have fallen into such a messy collection of tools that I would be afraid to rely on because of this very issue. - a cheaper and more stable alternative is on the cards I think. Better to buy separate tools rather than depend on one company like Dropbox to have multiple tools that they will drop when bored.
Need more support?