cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Latest news

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Family Plan, Dropbox Passwords, Plus a lot more

Family Plan, Dropbox Passwords, Plus a lot more

Amy
Community Manager
We know that working and keeping in touch is a little different at the moment, so we are excited to announce some amazing new features for Dropbox Plus users to help you stay organized and get more done, without adding any more stress. We are delighted to say that some of the ideas you, our Community members, have submitted have been made in to a reality. They are currently in Beta and will be included as part of the Dropbox Plus plans soon. We would love to hear what you think, so join the conversation below.

Dropbox Family

You asked for it, and it’s here! Dropbox Family is Dropbox Plus, but for your whole family. 
Everyone who is connected to the family account will have all the features of Dropbox Plus on their own accounts, but it will all be organized on one bill. Now you can store those secret family recipes and group photos in one place, with 2TB of shared storage and it’s all on one bill, to keep it simple. When you share with members on your plan, it only counts towards your plan storage once, not for each time a document is shared. Now you can create a shared family space to share those important family docs with peace of mind. Your plan can include up to 6 members, whether they are in your household or living elsewhere, like college students or grandparents.  
We're currently beta testing the Dropbox Family product with select Dropbox users and plan to roll it out more broadly throughout the year, so keep your eyes peeled.

Dropbox familyDropbox family

Store and sync passwords across all devices with Dropbox Passwords

How many of us are guilty of reusing or remixing passwords and still forgetting them all? One of the biggest interruptions to our lives can be forgetting passwords, whether it’s paying a bill online, managing your kids schoolwork or just streaming to relax. 
Don’t worry, the new Passwords app saves your passwords in one safe place and autofills them so you can instantly sign in to websites and apps. You can sign in anywhere on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android devices. Passwords secures your credentials with zero-knowledge encryption, so your passwords are protected and only accessible by you. This is currently in Beta and will be released to a wider audience soon. 

Dropbox PasswordsDropbox Passwords

Get the most from Dropbox with the new App Center

If you haven’t seen it yet, the new App Center is here to make your life easier too, a centralized place to find those tools from partners including Zoom, Slack, and Google. The App Center lets you discover, learn about, and connect apps to your Dropbox account. You can learn all about it here

App CenterApp Center

Keep your most important documents safe and in order with Dropbox Vault

Whether it’s your passport, insurance details, or even legal documents, you want to make sure your most important files are safe and well organized, so you can find them when you need them. We have created Vault, with a PIN for secure access. Enjoy peace of mind knowing that you can designate trusted friends or family members who can access your files in an emergency. It’s like a virtual safe deposit box, just in case! This will be released generally soon, but for now it’s in Beta with select Dropbox users.

Dropbox VaultDropbox Vault

Computer backup syncs folders on your PC or Mac with Dropbox

We’ve all had that gut wrenching moment when our computer freezes and we panic to think when we last backed it up… Well now you’ll always know! Once you turn on the computer backup feature, you can automatically back up folders on your PC or Mac, including your Desktop, Downloads, and Documents, directly into your Dropbox folder. Files and folders are continuously synced between the cloud and your hard drive and accessible from anywhere. Computer backup is now available in beta on Dropbox Basic, Plus, and Professional plans.

Computer backupComputer backup

Paperless signing is easier than ever 

We’ve made it easier than ever before to sign and store documents with HelloSign and Dropbox Plus. Now you can easily send, securely sign, and safely store your most important agreements in one seamless workflow without leaving Dropbox. There’s no confusing user journey for customers or team members, so you can keep everything running smoothly. Currently in Beta, this will be moving on to general release soon as well.

Paperless signingPaperless signing

Keep your eyes peeled for these features as they become available to all Dropbox Plus users, and we’ll making sure to keep you up to date with all the latest release right here on the Community.

Which of these features are you most excited about? 

20 Replies 20

Casper777
Collaborator | Level 10

Hi

I, for one, will not use the family plan. There's no need for that in our household, as my wife and I both have our own Dropbox accounts, and share information via folder shares and it works well.

The new password app is of big interest for me. Cannot wait until it is out of Beta. How do I become a Dropbox Password Beta tester? I am already a Dropbox Beta tester lol.

I started using the Dropbox backup option too on my 2x laptops. It is way better than emm the Google option (much faster).

OneDrive also has the vault option. Never tried it before, but the Dropbox Vault option is something I might just use for personal documents like passports and other sensitive documents.

The App Centre is awesome. I already use it to connect to apps like Zoom, HelloSign, Slack and more on both personal and business accounts. Awesome feature.

Regards

Casper

Badjer
Collaborator | Level 9

Family Plan
Not sure how much I would use this since it is offering the same as the plus plan except with for 6 family members, including the storage. The other features being the same makes sense but to me a family plan would have increased storage. Especially if the  plan is charging more. If the plan had increased storage such as the same that the plus offers except per family member (2000GB/ family member) then I would consider it, providing the price does not increase beyond the proposed fee connected to it at the moment.

Password Sync
This sounds like it could be a great feature. There are so many times when I forget passwords to given sites

App Center
This could be a good one for those that use it. I haven't actually seen an app listed that I would use, though

Vault
This sounds like i t could be a great feature. I have used Evernote for years but couldn't save certain sensitive info in it. As a result it could only be accessed from 1 device. This would allow access any where even if sensitive

Doriti1
Helpful | Level 5
All are needed

AlexRandall5
New member | Level 2

storing passwords and sync passwords with encryption.

jbraner
Explorer | Level 4

How is the computer backup different from "normal" Dropbox folders?

IOW, I already have my documents folder in Dropbox - so what would be different?

Andyandy
New member | Level 2
This is something I’m wondering as well. I was hoping to choose a folder outside the designated ‘Dropbox’ sync folder, but it seems as though the only options are desktop, documents, and downloads. Therefore this made no sense since I’d prefer to specify a folder, like ‘Photo library’ on my external drive, to have a cloud backup.

MauriceR
Explorer | Level 4

Password feature is of primary interest

Vault for private docs is next

App Center is intriguing

Maurice Rubino

mrr
New member | Level 2

Really interested in family plan. When will it be available??

Badjer
Collaborator | Level 9

I believe the Family Plan is already available. Just go to your plan & choose the upgrade option & the Family Plan should be one of the possible options

Need more support?