cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Latest news

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What’s new: Facebook data transfer

What’s new: Facebook data transfer

Amy
Community Manager
Now is the perfect time to back up all your photos and videos, and if you’re anything like me, half of them are on Facebook and nowhere else. Good news, you can now download all of them from Facebook, directly to your Dropbox account. 

Overview: 
The Facebook Data Transfer process creates copies of your files and saves them in your Dropbox account. All your photos and videos will still be available on Facebook, and Facebook will only receive permission to add files to the single Dropbox folder that contains the export, so don’t worry about accidentally sharing all your files with your Facebook friends. 

New photos and videos won’t be automatically added to Dropbox, so each time you back up your Facebook photos and videos, a new folder will be created in your Dropbox account in the Facebook Data Transfer folder. The folder will be named “Photo Transfer” or “Video Transfer”, followed by a number. It’s worth noting that all the photos or videos in your Facebook account will be copied every time you initiate a transfer - so you can probably delete old transfers and save space. 

Learn more: 
You can learn all about how to download your Facebook photos and videos here

Audience: 
This is available on Dropbox Basic, Plus, Family and Professional accounts now. 

More ideas:
We would love to hear what you think of this new feature, so why not comment below. If this has sparked your imagination, why not submit an idea for the next Dropbox feature you’d love to see released?

Will you back up your important photos and videos?  
1 Reply 1

SunisaTukta
New member | Level 2

Many thanks for adding this feature in Dropbox. I'd like to add some of my memories from LINE and KAKAO also. Thank you.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

SunisaTukta New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?