cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will dropbox be blocked in Russia?

Will dropbox be blocked in Russia?

Maksim Usenko
Helpful | Level 5

Hi everyone, I'm trying to find any official news/statements dropbox accessibility from Russia, maybe you can share some links

41 Replies 41

bonarb
New member | Level 2

I can't seem to find any info on the dropbox blog.

ddouglas86
New member | Level 2

Well, the most important thing is to not panic. Btw. I think it doesn't matter if dropbox will block Russia or not.

SashaOK
Explorer | Level 4

Of course it matters. There is a big list of companies which stopped to support russian aggression and do not want to take part in killing people in any way. Now all people would be more selective and would chose the brand who did the right chose. Fortunately most popular brands did it. So it would not be an issue to use another cloud drive service. Will wait some time and if they decides to support the war, will switch to onedrive.

ZHANG YI
Explorer | Level 3

In the coming days, due to Russia-Ukraine issue, will the current domain name be disabled in Russia? And if so, does Dropbox have a backup domain name for Russia to visit? 

SashaOK
Explorer | Level 4

Oh, putin's bot came here. As probably everyone know the russia does not have the history - currently they have something like mythology. They should definitely contact with Mongolian historians - they could help them to remember who they are.

Just remember, today russia is not pushkin, lermontov etc - today it is chekotilo, beria, putin and red mold (the band putin uses for his quotes).

So every company which is going to work in nearest future should cut all contacts with russia to do not become toxic.

Will believe in you Dropbox. Do not support any bloody regimes.

discodisco
New member | Level 2

This won't be a sanction against Russian aggression. This is a boycott about only people who can change something.

This will restrict human rights organizations in Russia help people both in Russia and in Ukraine. 

I am Russian and I am not opposing economic sanctions, even though my family has nothing to eat. 

But boycotting fighters with the regime by limiting instruments, and then ask why Russians don't do anything? 

SashaOK
Explorer | Level 4

Good day - I am still alive. Today I woke up at 6 AM because of loud boom. The 14 floor building was targeted with russian bomb or rocket while people were sleeping there, which is 10 mins walk from my house.

The advice: every time you hear the story about "good russians" - read the history of Ukraine book. Since the Golden Horde founded this s**t it destroys everything around them.

Of course you still have a chance to make the period of reparations and contributions shorter. The nation of slaves could make only famine revolutions (or as we call "hamburger revolution"). So, yes every business which does not want to go together with russian warship should stop any operation there. And Yes, the "special financial operation" (we do not call it sanctions) should be continued and become harder to stop destroying of Ukrainian cities and killing of Ukrainian people.

Still waiting the Dropbox to stop any work at the territory of aggressor.

Igor80
Helpful | Level 5

Please write more! Dont stop! Take more time to text! Keep hate! Sure you have found the target of your life, im glad on you!

leocleo
Helpful | Level 6

The company had the good sense not to shut down the servers. Everything works in Russia!
Thanks for this !
The truth is with us!
You yourself will see everything in the future!
Down with Nazism and propaganda!

Chai234
Helpful | Level 6

Sorry to break the news to you, but the current government of Ukraine is the aggressor and started all of this. Why should Russia be banned and lose access to their data security because of instability that has been going for literally hundreds of years.

I'm Ukrainian Jew with Russian family. The same people the West is now supporting killed my family 100 years ago, and again in 2014. War is terrible, but you can't just make a one sided case for things. There wouldn't be a war if the USA had leadership. This is 100% on the US. Should we ban people here in the US too?

Let's all just get along and leave politics for the voting booth. Putin was fairly elected but was gradually dropping off in support until this happened. Sanctions just will make Russian compete.

Finally, a couple of the most influential engineers at Dropbox were Ukrainian Jews too. They (hopefully) know that 'Slava Ucraini' is hate speech and what they say when Jews and other minorities are murdered by the cossacks. Unless you know who Petliura, Bandera, Khelministky, and how they tie into current day nationalist beliefs, then you have no business making a political argument about this.

War crimes? Yea, they are coming from both sides. Let's stop this, but trying to cancel people is just going to make Dropbox a target for an attack. Dropbox should play zero role in this. If they are ordered to sanction Russia from internal sanctions, they should divest, sell off, and fight tooth and nail to protect people's data. This is what is important for this forum, not politics.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hello World Helpful | Level 5
    Galofornia Helpful | Level 5
    SashaOK Explorer | Level 4
    Igor80 Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?