Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Do you want to help improve our online support experience? Learn more
3 Comments
10 Likes
Highlighted
Level 1

How do I find the clipboard where link was copied to for sharing?

Tags (1)
1 Accepted best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 2

Re: How do I find the clipboard where link was copied to for sharing?

What they are saying is: Dropbox will automatically send that Link to your computer's Clipboard.  So, it's the same as if Dropbox: 1) gave you a Link, and then 2) you highlighted it and 3) you Copied it.  Dropbox is essentially just saving you the step of highlighting the Link and Copying it; they already automatically "Copied" it to your Clipboard/computer.  Now, all you have to do is go wherever you want, and hit Paste, and the Download Link will be Pasted.  (Just try it real quick: go in a Word document or your email, and hit Paste: it should Paste a Dropbox Link).

Hope this helps,
C.

3 Replies
Super User II

Its your standard clipboard Elizabeth.

So, if you 'paste' in to an application it should be there. 

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Level 2

So ok rephrase, where is my standard clipboard ?

Level 2

What they are saying is: Dropbox will automatically send that Link to your computer's Clipboard.  So, it's the same as if Dropbox: 1) gave you a Link, and then 2) you highlighted it and 3) you Copied it.  Dropbox is essentially just saving you the step of highlighting the Link and Copying it; they already automatically "Copied" it to your Clipboard/computer.  Now, all you have to do is go wherever you want, and hit Paste, and the Download Link will be Pasted.  (Just try it real quick: go in a Word document or your email, and hit Paste: it should Paste a Dropbox Link).

Hope this helps,
C.

Learn

You’ve been using Dropbox for a while, but would like to up your game and learn advanced ways of getting the most out of your Dropbox account?

Post a question, share your expertise, or search through our articles

Learn more about the community

Who's talking
Top contributors to this post
END WEBSITE FEEDBACK SNIPPET-->