Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

4 Comments
3 Likes
Highlighted
Community Manager

What do you wish you knew when you started using Dropbox? August edition.

Hindsight is 20/20 and when we look back at our time using Dropbox, it's easy to notice those little things (or big things) that we wish we knew. Those features or ideas that would have made us more productive and efficient. Let's use our experiences to turn up the nostalgia, reminisce, and also help other Dropbox users who are just getting started.

What do you wish you knew when you started using Dropbox?

4 Replies
Level 2

Re: What do you wish you knew when you started using Dropbox? August edition.

Based upon my recent experience, my primary "wish I had known" is the fact obtaining live support is virtually impossible.  In addition, when submitting a request/question, receiving an answer takes multiple days.  I do not request live support unless required.  Therefore, when I do seek assistance, it is most assuredly required.  The articles and various reading materials you provide are likely beneficial for training/educating customers on overall Dropbox features.  However, these do NOT replace the need for live support.  When I experience a problem requiring "LIVE support", reading an article is not helpful, does not resolve my problem(s), does not provide customer service/satisfaction, and leads to more dissatisfaction.  

As a former Corp Senior Manager for an International Corporation, I possess the knowledge of staffing costs, budgeting requirements/limitations, etal.  Equally important is providing excellent customer service/ensuring customer satisfaction.  Currently, I have not experienced the most minimal CS.  With a Corp such as Dropbox and the purpose/confidentiality of data placed in your care; I feel it appropriate to remind you from whence you came.  Without customers, you do not have a business.  Attention should be promptly addressed with focus on keeping and increasing your customer base. 

Community Manager

Thank you for your thoughtful comments, @scs1. It's helpful to hear such detailed feedback about your experience with support at Dropbox.

I hope that this space in the community will provide you a new avenue for getting support, not only from Dropbox, but from other like minded Dropbox users who can offer shared experiences and advice. 

I hope to see you in the community again, soon. We'll be happy to learn more about your experiences with Dropbox and help in any way we can! 

Level 2

Hello!!

When I started using the dropbox I didn't realize how important it was... save the best things of your life in a security space should be more discussed. I think it's important to show to people (by sharing videos or text's) how to organize your things, and important stuff that you have, using dropbox, so, my sugestion is: make some tutorial about how to be organized using dropbox in order to save what is important to you.

Community Manager

Hi @LucasTex! Thanks for sharing your insight! This is great feedback and a helpful message for people considering using Dropbox. We love the idea of exchanging ideas around how to be organized using Dropbox.

With that, we'd love to hear your tips in particular! I encourage you to post your use case here in the Learn category to show other users how you keep things organzied in Dropbox. Please share your insights, I'm sure others will be interested in learning more from you slightly smiling face 

Learn

You’ve been using Dropbox for a while, but would like to up your game and learn advanced ways of getting the most out of your Dropbox account?

Post a question, share your expertise, or search through our articles

Learn more about the community

Who's talking
Top contributors to this post