cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: how do I transfer photos from dropbox to my computer and delete them from my dropbox?

how do I transfer photos from dropbox to my computer and delete them from my dropbox?

Ida L.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I want to move all my photos/files from dropbox to an external hard drive, remove them from my dropbox without delete any photos by mistake or anything. This is to organize my photos and files properly, so I can use my dropbox as a temporarily back up for my more recent photos which is why I wanted to use dropbox as in the first place!

There are several photos on my dropbox that doesn't show in my dropbox-app for my pc but I have a lot of old pictures there and I don't want to delete them, only remove them from dropbox and keep them on my computer. I have approximately 231 recent photos(on my phone) that I can't save on my dropbox because I don't have enough space. But I don't want to upgrade since I don't really need that much space. I just want to transfer them to an external hard drive via my computer.

I'm not good in English, but I hope someone understand what I want to do and can help me!

69 Replies 69

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Dropbox takes up no more storage (bar the install files of a 100mb or so?) than the files you have stored on it articangel333 - because they are simply in a folder like all others

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

keypay
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Because I was running out of room in my Dropbox account, I put all my photos into files and then moved the files to a flash drive. I then deleted all those photos in Dropbox and started over with a blank slate. Now I can use the flashdrive to download pics anywhere I want.

Helen43
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Its nice to know that other people have these types of problems.  But there have been a lot of answers on this forum and I am hoping that with a bit of time and luck, this will all work out.  (Its makes me think that the days of taking a roll of film out of a camera, going along and getting it developed and printed at the camera dealer, and getting as many prints as you wanted, wasn't so difficult after all, even if you had to wait a couple of days!)   Thanks for the support.

mpkickham1
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
I am so frustrated with the same problem u r talking about.

Do u forsee a resolution really happening?
Thanks!
Pam K

yayamavis
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
What is the answer please?

locusidolum
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

How does one download the photos manually?

irinap
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

You will need to click on the photo to open and then save it on your computer. It saves as a normal size. Hope this helps

irinap
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Open the photo first and then save it on your computer. I have just done it, and it works. 

Jim63
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Ok, here is the answer to being able to download items from dropbox to your computer.  I have gone into detail in order to be helpful to everyone but especially the novices.  But actually the process is quite easy.  First, create or select any folder where you want your downloaded dropbox files, pictures, videos to be located, open it up and drag it to the far right of your desktop.  When you signed up for dropbox a little icon was placed in the lower right of  your desktop next to the clock, (at least in windows it is).  The icon is five little diamonds with the fifth one at the bottom of the five.  You can either right click or left click on this icon which will bring up a small window with four icons at the top of the window.  If you hover your mouse over the second from the left icon which looks like a little folder it will show the words "open dropbox folder".  Click on this little folder icon and all your folders in dropbox will show up.  Click and open whichever folder you choose and now you can select any item either individually or select them all by clicking on the first one then holding down the shift key and clicking on the last one.  Finally, right click somewhere on all your highlighted items and without letting up your finger, drag them all to your previously selected folder on your computer.  Now you may choose either to copy or move the items.   Presto Zippo !!!   If you chose "move" your problem is solved and your pictures or whatever are now on your computer and NOT in Dropbox any longer.  Now breathe a sigh of relief and go and be nice to someone else.     :sunglasses:

walid_tawfik
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi, Very simple way, just download them on your computer then disconnect your computer from the internet. Then open Dropbox on your mobile and delete the photos.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Ask a Question section here.]

Need more support?