Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

3 Comments
1 Like
Highlighted
Level 4

Are you currently working on a family-mambership-plan?

Dear Dropbox

When are you going to start working on having a family membership? For example, after a model from 1. password?

We have the need now, being 2 adults sharing photo folders and document folders, and it will be more pressing when our 2 children reach an age for using their own devices.

But I will absolutely not ever pay 4 times 99$ for that kind for storage. I already think the 99$ for 2 TB is too pricy.

I could of course go business - you seem to be able to do it there. But it is way too pricy.

So, if you do not find a reasonable solution, I'll be having to other solutions.

So, are you currently working on a family-plan, and if yes, will it be less then just buying pro. accounts?

Kind regards Troels

Tags (2)
1 Accepted best answer

Accepted Solutions
Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Re: Are you currently working on a family-mambership-plan?

Hi Troels, currently there isn’t an option for a family plan as such, nor would we be aware of any future changes to create a plan like that.

I can forward your suggestion to our team however to see if this is something that can be considered to improve our services further!

Just for your info, if you are on the $99 plan for Dropbox Plus, this provides 1 TB of quota. Dropbox Professional however is the one that provides 2 TB of quota.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

3 Replies
Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi Troels, currently there isn’t an option for a family plan as such, nor would we be aware of any future changes to create a plan like that.

I can forward your suggestion to our team however to see if this is something that can be considered to improve our services further!

Just for your info, if you are on the $99 plan for Dropbox Plus, this provides 1 TB of quota. Dropbox Professional however is the one that provides 2 TB of quota.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 6

Trolde, I've asked the same question. I read a lot of opinions on suggestions page about implementing the family plan...it's amazing how no one from Dropbox didn't try at least to answer some questions... As a father of two kids, I won't pay additional money just to share our own and same pictures..That's ridiculous.

But you know what? I've got an email from Dropbox competitor, won't post here any names so I won't be blamed for spam by Admins.

But, a solid cloud storage provider is going to offer a 2TB family plan, and just per year, but for a lifetime! That means (for me and my family) I can pay just once and keep our photo memories forever.

I signed for a free account just to test and you know what, it seems only Dropbox count each shared folder against each other account!

On my test, I was able to share a folder with my family without affecting the size limit of the sharing accounts!

Well, I understand Dropbox favors the business, but Family is not a business winking face

Level 4

Hi Brad

Thank you for responding.

I am aware of the competitor, and its dos indeed look like what I am interested in. And, I am indeed on the brink of moving my data once my current subscription plan is due to be renewed.

This was kind of my last attempt to gleam, if there might be a perceivable future for me with drobox.

I would like to stay. It’s a platform I know and all… but, the answer seems to be quit clear form Dropbox themselves. Unfortunately.

The unknown is how well (the) other competitors handles integration with apps, devices and more 😊.

But I guess I can always come back 😊.

I still think it is a shame, thou.

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help you find an answer!
You won’t have to wait too long for a reply, but why not learn more about the Community while you’re here.

Not the right discussion for you? Find out what else our Community has to say about Managing your account.

Or, search our Help Center for even more.

Who's talking
Top contributors to this post